New T suggestions.

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
I'm looking to get some more Ts (obviously) and I need some suggestions. So far my wish list consists of:
-Chromatopelma cyaneopubescans
-Ephebopus cyanognathus
-Heterothele gabonensis
-Euathlus sp. red
-Phormictopus cancerides
-Acanthoscurria geniculata
-Grammostola pulchra
-Cyclosternum fasciatum
-Brachypelma klaasi
-Eupalaestrus campestratus
-Pseudhaplopus spinulopalpus
-Vitalius paranaensis
-Avicularia versicolor
-Orphnaecus philippinus
-Lampropelma violaceopes
-Chilobrachys fimbriatus
-Psalmopoeus cambridgei
-Haplopelma vonwirthi
Any suggestions of Ts that can live in 6L shoe boxes (I'll check on the size to make sure it's correct), medium critter keepers, or (2) 5 gal tanks?

---------- Post added 09-20-2014 at 12:35 AM ----------

I have:
Grammostola rosea-5
Psalmopeous irminia-1
Brachypelma albiceps-1
Brachypelma boehmei-1
Brachypelma emilia-1
Brachypelma albopilosum-2
Thrixopelma ockerti-1
Monocentropus balfouri-1
Pterinochilus murinus-1
Poecilotheria metallica-1
Heteroscodra maculata-1
Ephebopus murinus-1
Haplopus sp Columbia large-2
Holothele sp carabobo-1
Haplopelma lividum-1
Ceratogyrus marshalli-1
Cyriocosmus elegans-1
Holothele incei-1
Ceratogyrus darlingi-1
Lasiodora parahybana-2
Grammostola pulchripes-1
Brachypelma smithi-1
Nhandu tripepii-1
Poecilotheria regalis-2
Hysterocrates gigas-1
Pamphobeteus sp. "Machalla"-1

Last edited:

robbh3

Arachnopeon
possible trade?

I'm looking to get some more Ts (obviously) and I need some suggestions. So far my wish list consists of:
-Chromatopelma cyaneopubescans
-Ephebopus cyanognathus
-Heterothele gabonensis
-Euathlus sp. red
-Phormictopus cancerides
-Acanthoscurria geniculata
-Grammostola pulchra
-Cyclosternum fasciatum
-Brachypelma klaasi
-Eupalaestrus campestratus
-Pseudhaplopus spinulopalpus
-Vitalius paranaensis
-Avicularia versicolor
-Orphnaecus philippinus
-Lampropelma violaceopes
-Chilobrachys fimbriatus
-Psalmopoeus cambridgei
-Haplopelma vonwirthi
Any suggestions of Ts that can live in 6L shoe boxes (I'll check on the size to make sure it's correct), medium critter keepers, or (2) 5 gal tanks.

---------- Post added 09-20-2014 at 12:35 AM ----------

I have:
Grammostola rosea-5
Psalmopeous irminia-1
Brachypelma albiceps-1
Brachypelma boehmei-1
Brachypelma emilia-1
Brachypelma albopilosum-2
Thrixopelma ockerti-1
Monocentropus balfouri-1
Pterinochilus murinus-1
Poecilotheria metallica-1
Heteroscodra maculata-1
Ephebopus murinus-1
Haplopus sp Columbia large-2
Holothele sp carabobo-1
Haplopelma lividum-1
Ceratogyrus marshalli-1
Cyriocosmus elegans-1
Holothele incei-1
Ceratogyrus darlingi-1
Lasiodora parahybana-2
Grammostola pulchripes-1
Brachypelma smithi-1
Nhandu tripepii-1
Poecilotheria regalis-2
Hysterocrates gigas-1
Pamphobeteus sp. "Machalla"-1
Brachypelma smithi-1
hi, you wouldn't be interested in a trade for you H. incei for my GBBs and/or OBTs.

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
'Morning, Arachnomanic,

Of all the specimens on your wish list, the only one I have is G . pulchra. She is tied for favourite with my emilia. She is very active, always rearranging her substrate, and an aggressive eater. She should get to 5-6 inches of solid black T. This is her after her molt last week, 3.5" DLS.

Good luck. :)

Attachments

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
hi, you wouldn't be interested in a trade for you H. incei for my GBBs and/or OBTs.
I would love to but it seems like you're a little bit too far away.

---------- Post added 09-20-2014 at 03:23 PM ----------

'Morning, Arachnomanic,

Of all the specimens on your wish list, the only one I have is G . pulchra. She is tied for favourite with my emilia. She is very active, always rearranging her substrate, and an aggressive eater. She should get to 5-6 inches of solid black T. This is her after her molt last week, 3.5" DLS.

Good luck. :)
Awesome specimen. If you don't mind me asking, what do you like so much about the emilias? I have one and, honestly, I prefer my albopilosum over him. He's pretty boring to me. Don't get me wrong I still love the species but it seems sort of "drab."

NewAgePrimal

Arachnosquire
Of what you have on your wishlist, I can tell you about a couple. E. sp. red is a great little T but very slow growing and mine is still under a half inch. I got it back in April. Hasn't molted once. If you're going to get one I'd reccomend one a little larger or an adult. They're not very expensive. E. campestratus is one of my favorites. I have four of them. An adult male and female, a 2" sling and a half inch sling. These are also a slower growing species, especially as a smaller sling, but once they hit the 2" mark they start getting adult coloration. I've handled my larger sling a few times and didn't have any problem. They can be a little skittish, though. A. versicolor. What's not to like? P. cambridgei is another favorite. I recieved mine in April in the same order as the E. sp. red at a half inch. For awhile it was a pet hole, hiding in it's little dirt curtain. The only time I' see it was when it would stick it's legs out waiting for food. After it hit around 2"-2 1/2" it became more visible and is now at 3" and I see it out all the time. Very interesting to watch and talk about speed! Gotta love psalmos. Hope this helped. Happy shopping.

gobey

Arachnoknight

Awesome specimen. If you don't mind me asking, what do you like so much about the emilias? I have one and, honestly, I prefer my albopilosum over him. He's pretty boring to me. Don't get me wrong I still love the species but it seems sort of "drab."
Lol can I interject too? Why is your Emilia "drab"? And how is the albo better? I ask becauase the emilia is probable the last on my wish list. Maybe a P. metallica one day, but lord that's a pricey T.

Anyways I have 4. B. albo slings. That's about 2 more than I really planned for. Or want honestly lol. And the emilia to me is the coolest looking of all the res legged Brachy's. I wanted an albo first because they're cheap and I heard they're great "pet" tarantulas.

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon

I guess the emilia is one of my favourites because of their reputation for being so docile, and how long they can live (35-40 years). She is also about the only T I have that seems to enjoy being handled. She'd stay cuddled up to my thumb for hours if I let her. :)

gobey

Arachnoknight
I guess the emilia is one of my favourites because of their reputation for being so docile, and how long they can live (35-40 years). She is also about the only T I have that seems to enjoy being handled. She'd stay cuddled up to my thumb for hours if I let her. :)
I WANT ONE!!!!!

But That's for years down the road I think. When I can trade some. I have definitely become one of those guys who accumulated a bit too many too quickly. :sarcasm:

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
Lol can I interject too? Why is your Emilia "drab"? And how is the albo better? I ask becauase the emilia is probable the last on my wish list. Maybe a P. metallica one day, but lord that's a pricey T.

Anyways I have 4. B. albo slings. That's about 2 more than I really planned for. Or want honestly lol. And the emilia to me is the coolest looking of all the res legged Brachy's. I wanted an albo first because they're cheap and I heard they're great "pet" tarantulas.
I don't know, I mean he doesn't really have much personality so that's probably a factor. I sort of have an albopilosum fetish (I'm not a fan of that word due to it's other meanings but it's the only one I could think of that works).

---------- Post added 09-20-2014 at 04:41 PM ----------

I WANT ONE!!!!!

But That's for years down the road I think. When I can trade some. I have definitely become one of those guys who accumulated a bit too many too quickly. :sarcasm:
Years down the road will become next weekend. My emilia was my 9th T I think.

Last edited:

gobey

Arachnoknight
I don't know, I mean he doesn't really have much personality so that's probably a factor. I sort of have an albopilosum fetish (I'm not a fan of that word due to it's other meanings but it's the only one I could think of that works).

---------- Post added 09-20-2014 at 04:41 PM ----------

Years down the toad will become next weekend. My emilia was my 9th T I think.
Eh, it's good word usage here too. And I kinda know what you mean about no personality I guess. Although I've only had a little under 4 months to get to know my Ts. So about 3 months for one L.p. who does nothing at all but hide. Her personality is "terrified of everything, especially me."
And my porteri is boring as heck. Her personality is "mean". She thinks everything is food. I kinda have a love hate relationship with her.

I realized any T can be these ways. But at least an emilia would also be drop dead gorgeous while being boring lol.

And no.... it can't be next weekend. I already got a new unplanned terrestrial T. A gold burst. Or Euthlus parvulus, or Paraphysa parvula depending who you ask. It's settling my docile, pretty, pet rock. I had had passing interest in Euthlus sp. red. This kind of takes It's place too. Supposed to be the same temperament and curious behavior, and maybe only a little bigger. The MM I just bought was maybe a little over 2"

And I'm getting half his slings. :D

So I'm at around 20 Ts now in my care maybe tops after I get the slings (if it's successful and my MM lives) that I'll keep. The rest need to be sold, perhaps some can be traded and downsized. Freebies kind of expedited my collection. I like all my Ts. And I have a God mix of fast and slow growers. But I wonder if I'll really need 4 albos. But then again.... They're family. :)

Last edited:

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
Eh, it's good word usage here too. And I kinda know what you mean about no personality I guess. Although I've only had a little under 4 months to get to know my Ts. So about 3 months for one L.p. who does nothing at all but hide. Her personality is "terrified of everything, especially me."
And my porteri is boring as heck. Her personality is "mean". She thinks everything is food. I kinda have a love hate relationship with her.

I realized any T can be these ways. But at least an emilia would also be drop dead gorgeous while being boring lol.
Either way emilias aren't high up on my favourite list.

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
I WANT ONE!!!!!

Yeah, gobey, they are great, but they are expensive. It's like me wanting a P. met & X. immanis. Too expensive for my blood for right now.

gobey

Arachnoknight
See for some reason I have ZERO desire to own a GBB. I think the color contrast between the blue and orange is ugly. I'm in the minority I guess.... I also think versicolors are ugly.

Anyways I'm being unproductive.... I have no recommendations. I haven't been in the hobby long enough.

Carry on.... carry on...

gobey

Arachnoknight
Yeah, gobey, they are great, but they are expensive. It's like me wanting a P. met & X. immanis. Too expensive for my blood for right now.
Yeah I'd like a P. met too.... It's my only other wish list T. But that's a maybe someday thing. These 2 are my like final 2 that I really can think of that I want badly. A few others pique my curiosity but I've got others to hold their place.

I'm ok with the cheaper Ts. I opted for P. regalis slings instead of 1 P. met sling. We'll see if raising them turns out ok first. Even though people claim the metallica is the calmest of pokies. And my albos. that counts towards having a Brachypelma. My porteri, well I have a Grammastola, My A. avic gives me an Avic. My L.p.s give me a large T that eats a lot and displays itself. The Euthlus p. (P.p.) is for a pretty little T that's curious and docile to show people Ts aren't that scary.

Etc....

I've got a few that are nice and colorful / pretty too for that purpose.

I have too many more important things now I need to spend money on. Tarantulas needs to halt now and just be a learning experience. Time to be as responsible as possible from this point on. Because I've taken leaps that people would probably (definitely) advise against.

Anyways.

-Euathlus sp. red
-Avicularia versicolor
-Grammostola pulchra
-Psalmopoeus cambridgei

These are probably the most mentioned Ts on your list that I see. Probably best bang for your buck too I guess.

And here's my new obsession. Euthlus parvulus (Paraphysa parvula)

Attachments

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
Yeah I'd like a P. met too.... It's my only other wish list T. But that's a maybe someday thing. These 2 are my like final 2 that I really can think of that I want badly. A few others pique my curiosity but I've got others to hold their place.

I'm ok with the cheaper Ts. I opted for P. regalis slings instead of 1 P. met sling. We'll see if raising them turns out ok first. Even though people claim the metallica is the calmest of pokies. And my albos. that counts towards having a Brachypelma. My porteri, well I have a Grammastola, My A. avic gives me an Avic. My L.p.s give me a large T that eats a lot and displays itself. The Euthlus p. (P.p.) is for a pretty little T that's curious and docile to show people Ts aren't that scary.

Etc....

I've got a few that are nice and colorful / pretty too for that purpose.

I have too many more important things now I need to spend money on. Tarantulas needs to halt now and just be a learning experience. Time to be as responsible as possible from this point on. Because I've taken leaps that people would probably (definitely) advise against.

Anyways.

-Euathlus sp. red
-Avicularia versicolor
-Grammostola pulchra
-Psalmopoeus cambridgei

These are probably the most mentioned Ts on your list that I see. Probably best bang for your buck too I guess.

And here's my new obsession. Euthlus parvulus (Paraphysa parvula)
damn. Looks like my list grew by one ;)

gobey

Arachnoknight
/\ I'll make a topic when the project is done. It's between me and another AB member so they'll be available! Should all go well at least. But yeah I'd never heard of this T at all. And when I saw it I was like" WHAAAT". And impulse bought him. Turned out to be MM. But I immediately found a mate for him so it was worth it. Although I learned a lesson in buying in person.

Anyways they're colorful little guys that get about 3~4" I guess. Although my MM was like 2.5" maybe tops. That's being generous. And from what I can tell from him and from what I've found. They behave quite like Euthlus sp. red/yellow. Very docile. And quite "curious"

That's why I'm kind of scratching E. Sp. Red off the list, and on without an Emilia. I have my "friendly" pretty NW terrestrial T.