Making My Female Comfortable

keeper2013

Arachnopeon
Just bred my F G porteri. Now the wait. Anyone have any suggestions on how to keep her comfortable to help with egg production. Heat, food, water, more places to hide????? I plan on feeding everyday if she takes it, plenty of water and keep her temp around 85. Thanks for any help.

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
I wouldn't feed it and chances are she won't eat. The more disturbances generally means a higher chance of the female eating the sac.

NewAgePrimal

Arachnosquire
I wouldn't feed it and chances are she won't eat. The more disturbances generally means a higher chance of the female eating the sac.
From what I've read, that's after she produces a sac. OP, have you thoroughly read through the breeding reports? Not just for G. rosea/porterie, but others in the Grammostola genus as well.

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
From what I've read, that's after she produces a sac. OP, have you thoroughly read through the breeding reports? Not just for G. rosea/porterie, but others in the Grammostola genus as well.
Oops! Looks like I read it wrong. I'd power feed her until she makes one. I've never bred Ts though so hopefully someone more experienced will chime in.

keeper2013

Arachnopeon
Everything I've read says to feed her all she will eat because she needs to be in great shape to produce the egg sack.

---------- Post added 09-20-2014 at 05:18 PM ----------

Yes I've read some and I'm going thru several more pages to read more. I think I've got an idea what to do, just thought maybe a breeder had some hints. I think it would be great for a 16 month ultimate to work his magic and get a viable egg sack.