Molt removal

bothrops asper

Arachnopeon
So my gbb recently molted. She spun a Web and basically made a little cage for herself. It's been in there a while and she has been sitting on too of it. I'm worried about it molding or something. My question is if I go in there to get it I'd have to destroy her Web and get her to move. Should I?

LadyofSpiders

Arachnopeon
It's up to you (in my opinion anyway) molts won't mold or cause any issues. I have burrowers that have molted multiple times and I don't go digging up their burrows to get them.
If you can get it, do it: if not, dont. They mostly tear them up and scatter pieces throughout the burrow.

Unless it just molted less than a week, then I would definitely just leave it until the spider has hardened

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Molts don't mold. Spiders either incorporate them into the silk of their retreat or toss them out somewhere in the cage.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
personally i tried to remove my gbb's molt to sex it. he/she spun it in and i ended up ruining the molt -.- but i have a cambridgei who molted in a very odd spot.. it made its web under a leaf and with silk pulled the leaf behind it a little closer so not its kinds sitting with a 106ish degree angle with those 2 leaves and theres one under it.. only 1 way in the Ts favorite spot without breaking the web. so iv left it there figured shell get rid of it if she wants to.. nothing wrong with it. buddies H. lividum just cleaned house she always throws the bolbus out the tunnel same with pooping. but the H. lividum had 3 molts in this burrow hidden and tucked away into one of its 30 tunnels that branch from the main one.. all out of sight we had no clue. the .. however.. the 2nd t cleaned out this morning.. a Haplopelma sp."Bach ma" [sp may have changed he bought her like 3 yrs ago] well she is a dirty T. he kicked out 20+ bolbus 7 or 8 cricket carcasses 5 molts and im pretty sure a human finger [joke, was like 4 web mats] shes a horder and decided to clean house for the FIRST time.. yuck lol it would have been so much more stressfull to dig all those up then to let her do her arachnid thing :p