Psednocnemis brachyramosa

Ilovepredators

Arachnosquire
I ordered these species online and they will be comeing this next week and I can't find any care sheets when I Google the name or when I look on here. Could someone tell me the temprature and Humidity requirements for this species. Any other information is welcome also, I love learning all I can about the species I own. Thank you for your time.

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
I remember looking at these a few years ago and I think they require moist and deep substrate, but don't count on what I just said; I could be completely off!

LadyofSpiders

Arachnopeon
I have 2 slings. I keep mine at 75-77 (as I do all my spiders) basically anywhere in the 70s is fine for them. I keep their substrate slightly damp. I don't worry about humidity.. if you keep it damp, you'll be fine. I really don't think they are difficult to keep. Even when small they are good burrowers but are out in the open most of the time. Strong eaters too.. Mine tackle prey like little maniacs...

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I have a number of Asian terrestrials, and as far as I've been able to find out, all need the same conditions: moist substrate, at least several inches, a cork slab to hide under (and burrow under), a water bowl, and moderate ventilation. Plastic plants are a nice touch (Zoo Med vine-type, cut to fit). They're a dwarf species and you won't need a big cage. I put my brachyramosa in clear plastic Sterlite storage boxes that are 10" long, 6" high, and 6" wide (from Wal-Mart, with the green handles). Perfect size for adults/subadults. Younger ones go in a 16 oz deli cup. Like most, if not all Asian terrestrials, they're capable of very fast dashes, so always be prepared.

Please don't waste your time looking for care sheets. Many have questionable advice.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Oh my! You own these? Can you please post a picture of yours if possible? I'd be interested in seing your specimen and the setup. Thank you!

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have one in my care that belongs to a friend. It has molted once since this photo, but is generally very secretive. This was a rehouse photo. Just as Poec54 described, a tall deli cup, water dish, and a starter burrow in 4-5" of substrate.
DSCF5333.jpg

LadyofSpiders

Arachnopeon
I'm getting an adult female next week. Ill post pics of her then. My two I have now are just tiny slings.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I'm assuming these are more flight than fight, but considering it is an Asian burrow I wouldn't be surprised to hear their behavior is similiar to Chilobrachys / Haplopelma?

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I'm assuming these are more flight than fight, but considering it is an Asian burrow I wouldn't be surprised to hear their behavior is similiar to Chilobrachys / Haplopelma?
My 4 girls are about 3 to 3 1/2". A couple laid sacs at that size (unmated). Like many Asian terrestrials they'll sit motionless, and then explode in a mad dash. I've seen posts where people have said that they were shocked at how fast they could move. Never seen a threat pose. Definitely a 'flight first' species.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
My 4 girls are about 3 to 3 1/2". A couple laid sacs at that size (unmated). Like many Asian terrestrials they'll sit motionless, and then explode in a mad dash. I've seen posts where people have said that they were shocked at how fast they could move. Never seen a threat pose. Definitely a 'flight first' species.
That's pretty much what I gathered, just wanted to ask about personal experiences. Thanks, man.

spiderengineer

Arachnoangel
awesome webbers, medium-ish size so I go half and half on substrate to allow a decent burrow but to also give them room to web. like its been said they are asian species so higher humidty like you would with other asian species. they are slow growers. they are sexual dimorphic so you will know if its a male very easily

what mine did

Last edited:

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
awesome webbers, medium-ish size so I go half and half on substrate to allow a decent burrow but to also give them room to web. like its been said they are asian species so higher humidty like you would with other asian species. they are slow growers. they are sexual dimorphic so you will know if its a male very easily...what mine did

Mine dug more than webbed when they were young, and now that they're adults, they're underground with little silk. The silk tower/tunnels in your pic looks a lot like what Encyocratella slings do.

spiderengineer

Arachnoangel
Mine dug more than webbed when they were young, and now that they're adults, they're underground with little silk. The silk tower/tunnels in your pic looks a lot like what Encyocratella slings do.
it doesn't show in the pic but their it also had burrow as well down below that was just its entrance

---------- Post added 09-30-2014 at 02:47 PM ----------

younger stage

maturing into a male

Last edited:

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
New pictures of that same spider, two molts later and pissed. (S)he came up to the surface to molt, and several days later, when I went to remove the molt for sexing, (s)he gave me quite the show!
Photo Oct 09, 10 56 57 AM.jpg
View attachment 130767

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
New pictures of that same spider, two molts later and pissed. (S)he came up to the surface to molt, and several days later, when I went to remove the molt for sexing, (s)he gave me quite the show!
Beautiful spider.

edgeofthefreak

Arachno-titled!
Old Timer
It's as beautiful as it is hard to pronounce. "said-KNOCK-nemmis"? Was I even close?

Did not guess it would be a brilliant blue!