greenbottle blue tarantula concern

dvillafana08

Arachnopeon
Ive had her (hoping its a her) for about 7 months, shes molted 4 times and on her last molt her cephalpthorax (head and eyes) turned a salmon pink and I was just concerned if that is normal or somethijf to be concerned about?

Attachments

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
I think it's normal but I've never had an adult of this species.
thats a sling tho o.o still black legs and the bue is nowhere in sight nor any of the abd pattern being changed to adult orange

---

im not sure mine always hid befor a molt so never noticed a color change.

dvillafana08

Arachnopeon
There is blue in the legs, very little but there is. I'm just worried because I follow a good amount of gbb owners on social media and I haven't seen even a remote trace of pink. And her abdomen is beautifully orange again picture doesn't do her justice.

Attachments

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
There is blue in the legs, very little but there is. I'm just worried because I follow a good amount of gbb owners on social media and I haven't seen even a remote trace of pink. And her abdomen is beautifully orange again picture doesn't do her justice.
might wana try a natural light pic or wait till shes bigger. maybe just a random color thing. i know a few ppl have had mms with baby stripes and low blue too. *shrug*

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
If it's healthy, active, and eating, it's fine, regardless of what color it is. Relax.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I have raised a couple to adulthood so far, currently left with one MM nearing its end and 2 ~2.5" juvies (one of which finally a female!) and between them a couple showed that pinkish carapace for a few months while growing. It's not reason to worry, I'd look at it as a color variation in the little one for the time being. They grow out of it and will eventually turn the green/blue/cyan (whichever applies most really) they all have as adults. Meaning: No need to worry at all.

Like it was suggested, look at Hobo's picture thread and through the development stages. Some slings are nearly all black as slings even, I had one of those, too. It's looking awesome.