dead ?

cleversod

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
HI Everyone, I have done a search to seek reassurance, but not come up with anything.

My rosie slipped over on here back this evening, the classic molt position. However, 5 hours later, no sign of movement, nothing happening. In all her previous molts , the deed would have already been done in this time frame. Should I be thinking the worst ? could she,,, gulp,, tears,, could she have passed away ?

Thanks
John

scorpionchaos

Arachnosquire
Is the humidity to low? see if you can't raise it to help her a little (raise it just a little bit). How old is she? as they get older/bigger molts take longer.

hope this helps a little, I'm sure more experienced member will chime in

Good luck

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
Should be fine. Just don't disturb it unless you want to take pictures of something. If so be very careful not to bump the cage. I personally wouldn't risk it.

cleversod

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
HI, Well It's been 12 hours on it's back, no sign of anything happening. :(

Mello

ArachnoQUEEN
I'm pretty sure some T's take days to molt. Don't give up, she will most likely pull through.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've had some of my adult spiders take more than 18 hours to complete a molt.

GG80

Arachnoknight
Don't do anything. My rosie was in molt position for almost 16 hours before anything began to happen, then it took 3-4 hours for her to come out of the exo. Leave it be for now. If nothing has happened in 2-3 days then it might be time to worry.

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
Hope your G,Roses has molted? Mine has taken the best part of a full day once, maybe yours will do the same. I usually just check on my molting T's every couple of hours.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My G. porteri laid on its back for at least 12+ hours before it done anything.

cleversod

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi, It's been 15 hours now, but I will wait and not disturb her. I'm greatly encouraged by your comments, thankyou everyone

cleversod

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
HI, After 16 hour she finally started to molt. I managed to get some of it on time lapse photo. I will try and post as it's quite clear.
Thanks
John

cold blood

Staff member
HI, After 16 hour she finally started to molt. I managed to get some of it on time lapse photo. I will try and post as it's quite clear.
Thanks
John
They sure take their sweet time doing everything, why would molting be any different.:)