Gobey's MM Paraphysa parvula

skippydude

Arachnobaron
Gobey's mature male Paraphysa parvula arrived this morning in great condition. I put him in an enclosure to acclimate a bit before pairing to let him settle down from his journey. Well this dude spent the day wandering and drumming, drumming and wandering like he knew she was just a couple feet away. The way he was going at it, I decided to pair them tonight. I have to say this was one of the coolest pairings I've seen so far. He drummed and danced beautifully for her. Once he had her in his clutches, held her for over 15 minutes first inserting one pedipalp, then inserting the other. My camera ran out of film at about 8 minutes and I can only do 5 minute vids on the YouTube, so here is the first 5 minutes of mine and Gobey's Chilean Goldburst Tarantulas doin some "Brown chicken, Brown cow" :}

[video=youtube;AxrvjoDv0xg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxrvjoDv0xg&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
That's really cool, how both sender & receiver can post on here to let each other, and everyone else, know how everything went. AB rules. :)

gobey

Arachnoknight
Idk I've kept most transactions here quiet out of respect. But skip and I essentially started this project in a thread anyways. And he's an absolute pleasure to work with. Plus I'm absolutely nuts about this little T and want people to bring it back! I wish I got this instead of a porteri first! It's a way prettier pet rock and very mellow and curious which is pretty cool. (Don't tell my porteri I said that, she's mean... she'll bite me)

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
Idk I've kept most transactions here quiet out of respect. But skip and I essentially started this project in a thread anyways. And he's an absolute pleasure to work with. Plus I'm absolutely nuts about this little T and want people to bring it back! I wish I got this instead of a porteri first! It's a way prettier pet rock and very mellow and curious which is pretty cool. (Don't tell my porteri I said that, she's mean... she'll bite me)
[Whispering] Okay, gobey! I won't say nuthin'..... ;)

I'd love to see all positive experiences with breeding loans between members posted here. It couldn't do anything but help the hobby grow, IMO.

cold blood

Staff member
Great vid skippy, thanks for that. I also love how this came about and we are getting to see it through. He was an insistent one, but hey, she never said no. I hope it works out, will you pair them again?

Brown farm animals....still funny.;)

skippydude

Arachnobaron
When I first introduced him to her enclosure, she ran inside the hide. He tried to follow her drumming the whole way so I cupped him briefly and nudged her back out in the open. They are much easier to separate when things go bad, if you can see them. In a few days I am going to give him another go at her before I send him back to Gobey. Second pairings can be a bit tricky because once gravid, she will only see him as food for the offspring no longer needing nor wanting to breed. I'll need to be alert and vigilant for round #2

gobey

Arachnoknight
I trust he will be fine under your watch. If he is eaten. Well it's for the good of his babies I guess. I better pick the ones that grow up to be as chill as him lol.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
congratulations Gobey.. :) You're going to be a grandpa 100 -300 times over.. haha.
seriously this is awesome. and clearly you did a great job packing him up. :)

---------- Post added 09-24-2014 at 07:34 AM ----------

LOL... persistence pays off.. haha

gobey

Arachnoknight
Thanks! I've been listing the species under both names as most don't recognize it as Euthlus parvulus yet. But might as well just call it what it is. Especially if we'll be offering them to people. :)

congratulations Gobey.. :) You're going to be a grandpa 100 -300 times over.. haha.
seriously this is awesome. and clearly you did a great job packing him up. :)

---------- Post added 09-24-2014 at 07:34 AM ----------

LOL... persistence pays off.. haha
Thanks! Yea it seems my packing was good. It was my method of getting him IN there that needed work lol. I'll be much smarter next time I ship a T.

Last edited:

gobey

Arachnoknight
I'll be happy to help. I'll be also looking to unload the extra slings ASAP. Get these little guys into the hobby! But depending on how many there are I'll definitely have some tucked away for the small order AB members who've mentioned interest. (Check one for Ghost!) ;) But as this would be my first time selling, don't hesitate to contact skip either guys! :)

But to quote him too.... Let's not count our slings before they hatch!

Last edited:

awiec

Arachnoprince
Ooh damn. Ghost is in Canada. My sister lives in Montreal. Maybe I can have her smuggle one back for you after thanksgiving. :)
I'm sure the border guards would love that :p. Perhaps you can get into contact with one of the Canadian spider importers and see if they would be interested in taking some of your slings. Granted Ghost may not get one but it will be a way for the species to become more prevalent in the hobby there.

gobey

Arachnoknight
I'm sure the border guards would love that :p. Perhaps you can get into contact with one of the Canadian spider importers and see if they would be interested in taking some of your slings. Granted Ghost may not get one but it will be a way for the species to become more prevalent in the hobby there.
Would they find a dwarf T sling!? Lol

And yeah these aren't on peoples list for dealers, so I'll see who's interested in large numbers if the sac is large. I'd rather move them quick. That's a lot of spiders to sell lol.

We'll see what happens.

Steve123

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter +
Would they find a dwarf T sling!? Lol
For the hobby's sake, don't even joke about that please. Besides, you probably don't have to. Canada, like the US, probably will grant exception status for personal use to a low number (you're talking only one T) at the crossing, as long as you declare it. From Canada to the US it is 7 individuals, personal use. For commercial use, any number is subject to the usual fees. So, give the Canadian side a ring and know beforehand their policy. Like the US policy, it may be difficult to find on the web. I was given this information by a USFW agent earlier this year while making a declared legal crossing with a few dozen spiders, Canada to US. Of course, it will be difficult to declare 7 X. sp. "millionaireii" at 3.4.0 as personal use. But one sling? Definitely worth a call and definitely not worth breaking the law.

gobey

Arachnoknight
For the hobby's sake, don't even joke about that please. Besides, you probably don't have to. Canada, like the US, probably will grant exception status for personal use to a low number (you're talking only one T) at the crossing, as long as you declare it. From Canada to the US it is 7 individuals, personal use. For commercial use, any number is subject to the usual fees. So, give the Canadian side a ring and know beforehand their policy. Like the US policy, it may be difficult to find on the web. I was given this information by a USFW agent earlier this year while making a declared legal crossing with a few dozen spiders, Canada to US. Of course, it will be difficult to declare 7 X. sp. "millionaireii" at 3.4.0 as personal use. But one sling? Definitely worth a call and definitely not worth breaking the law.
Not trying to cause a ruckus. It won't happen anyways. My sister certainly won't be taking ANY tarantulas with her. She doesn't even want to see them.

Oy didn't think. Inappropriate joke. Sarcasm gets lost on the internet. My apologies

Last edited:

gobey

Arachnoknight
He's home safe. Thanks to Skippydude for a fun little experiment! :)

He won't calm the hell down now. So I'm giving him a slightly bigger enclosure today for his wandering syndrome. Making sure it's fall safe too. He's real eager to do his thing again I think and he's not keeping safety in mind.

Happy to have him back again. I've learned some more new things and it's always a pleasure to see how deep this hobby goes between trust of strangers. :)

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
He's home safe. Thanks to Skippydude for a fun little experiment! :)

He won't calm the hell down now. So I'm giving him a slightly bigger enclosure today for his wandering syndrome. Making sure it's fall safe too. He's real eager to do his thing again I think and he's not keeping safety in mind.

Happy to have him back again. I've learned some more new things and it's always a pleasure to see how deep this hobby goes between trust of strangers. :)
I'm so so glad it went so well for your first foray into the breeding loan world LOL. Hopefully my first attempt at this will go as smoothly. Although it won't be for a while. LOL

Good luck and best wishes for a sac!!