Oh Bull...feathers, and an ID if you please.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Some university students were at Other's restaurant. Friends of sis in law. They are part of a field study rounding up Geometricus. They had found one which they showed me. I stuck my hand in the catch container and coxed it to climb on. Needless to say I told them they weren't even close. Sadly, I could not and can not think of the name of the orb weaver. Dia-something? Can somebody help? Round phat bottom gal, near 2cm body, tan with nice darker markings.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Diadematus
Dats the puppy. I wonder why it getting established in Asia in the past few years hasn't become a major topic of conversation like the Geo. But it's really nice to see them here. I suppose the students ignorance can be forgiven as it isn't a native either.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Dats the puppy. I wonder why it getting established in Asia in the past few years hasn't become a major topic of conversation like the Geo. But it's really nice to see them here. I suppose the students ignorance can be forgiven as it isn't a native either.
Could be several factors.. spiders from right here in the USA can end up continents away by ballooning. Aside from that, my guess is an egg sac hitched a ride from europe/usa in a crate, then quickly developed in this new spider-friendly climate :D