sexing my C schioedtei

robbh3

Arachnopeon
Both of my C schioedtei have recently molted at around 3''. They both have an olive green/guacamole color with olive/gray legs and abdomen. I was told at one point that one could easily distinguish between the sexes at the juvenile stage by the color. They said the females would get almost black and the males would get progressively more green. They are not mature, I know what the male will look like upon sexual maturity, these are both one to two molts away from that. I was just wondering if juvies look the same colorwise until that point. The molts are in pieces of course;)

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
Post a picture of the molt in the spermathacae section. I think sexual dimorphism is only apparent on mature males.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Immature male schioedtei turn lighter and greener with each molt. Ventrally young females are black and males are greenish. See what happens with the next molt. You should see some darker colors if they're female.

With my Cyriopagopus and Lampropelma, a 4" juvenile will molt and suddenly become a leggy 6" adult male. It usually surprises me when the males mature.