New member, my scorpions

Retic84

Arachnopeon
Hi guys, new member here from the UK.

Just showing off a couple of my scorpions.

This is my female emperor and my tiny H.Spinifer, hope you like them :)

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I guess I might have to be that guy. First, Welcome to the hobby!

Second, I'd like to suggest switching your emperor scorpion's substrate out for something more loose that can hold moisture well. These guys love to burrow in some good, moist soil. It also appears from the picture you've taken (it's kind of a tough angle) that your emperor isn't yet mature, which means it would definitely benefit from a nice, humid cave in the ground in which to molt!

Your little Heterometrus looks great, but the same thing goes for him(her)as well! Keep the humidity relatively high 80%+ and a good few inches of burrowing substrate for each scorpion.

I hope I don't come across as rude, I'd just like to see your little scorpions thriving!

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Awesome reply Canth! Impossible to get angry at that!! hehe

Love the fat emperor! Please most more pics of your other scorps, you have a good camera!

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
First off, welcome to the boards! Hope you find this a nice little home in which you can share, grow and develop further into the hobby. Never be afraid to ask questions as we are all a community here. Advice is often freely given and we do our best to help each other. As you can already see. ;)

Good advice, Canth!

By the way...love the pics! Keep 'em coming!