Scorpion Communal

Randomjoe

Arachnopeon
I was thinking of trying my first scorpion communal. I currently have an extra 5.5 gal, 10 gal, and 20 long aquariums i could use. I considering Centruriodes Gracilis or Centruriodes Sculpturatus. how many could comfortable fit in each and which aquarium would be the best to use. I was also wondering how do Heterometrus Longimanus do as communal I've read some people saying they are and others saying there not. Thanks for the help

Last edited:

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Going communal, I wouldn't go anything smaller than a 20 long...though, most of my projects used 40+ gallon tanks. When going communal, you have to realize you are forcing animals that are somewhat more solitary in nature to live in close proximity to each other. Much closer than in any natural environment. So, you need to provide LOTS of hiding places, adequate food supply and always be at the ready to risk the loss of one or more specimens in a communal set-up. Regardless of how "communal" a species seems to be, there is always that risk.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Serradigitus is another communal genus, though they aren't very common at all, especially if you're trying to buy one.