Pink toe tarantula won't eat and abdomen shrunk?

Kara92y

Arachnopeon
My pink toe has completely covered her tank in Web and blocked herself off from the water dish, I don't know if I can tear the Web while she's in it because she refuses to come out. She's also not eaten for more than 3 weeks and her abdomen has gotten skinnier, what should I do?

Akai

Arachnobaron
leave her alone. she webbed herself in for a reason and it wasn't to commit suicide. tarantulas do things that may seem odd to you but perfectly normal to them. they know what they are doing, its novice keepers who do not. just keep their water dish filled and she will come out in due time. it may be days, weeks or months even. just don't disturb her. you could post a pic of her currently and enclosure and some details of your husbandry if this truly alarms you.

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
Leave her alone. Avics usually seal themselves in their webs before molting. Have you thought of bringing the water to her? You know, like misting her web. ;)

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
First, off...welcome to the boards! This is a great community filled with folks who are extremely knowledgeable and eager to share that knowledge with others. That said, never be afraid to ask questions as you'll get good input. As evidenced by Akai and CEC. You tarantula knows what it is doing and this is typical behavoiur. Do not be alarmed. However, if you are truly disconcerted, post pictures and describe your husbandry habits in detail and we can further assist you along and provide more input. :)

Kara92y

Arachnopeon
I can't reach her water dish because she sealed it off with the Web. And yes I have been misting her tank but her abdomen shrinking is worrying me

Akai

Arachnobaron
I can't reach her water dish because she sealed it off with the Web. And yes I have been misting her tank but her abdomen shrinking is worrying me
Again....you could post a pic of her currently and enclosure and some details of your husbandry if this truly alarms you.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Make sure it's not too moist and stuffy in her cage. They need dry substrate and good ventilation. People that have problems with Avics usually overmist and keep them too wet.