How to identify serradigitus VS vaejovis waeringi/confusus/puritanus (PICS!)

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
So, after my misidentification of a vaejovis sp (embarrassing), I've taken it upon myself to show the differences in these two FRUSTRATING genera. Both are extremely similar looking, basically, it's impossible to really ID them at a glance.

The biggest annoyance is that both have long denticles on their fingertips, that aspect, ive found, is totally useless for ID.

What you must look at are the teeth of the FIXED finger (meaning the one that cant move)..

#1- VAEJOVIS confusus/waeringi/etc

Notice how there are large 'teeth' spaced regularly apart in between the smaller teeth on the fingers? That's how you tell them apart..

#2- Serradigitus sp

...from Serradigitus. in serradigitus, there are only a few larger teeth towards the fixed fingertip, the rest of the teeth are even, and give the species its name- sawfinger.

Serradigitus:

Vaejovis wearingi:

MAN, thank goodness I've got a good camera that can zoom in like this!

Accipiter7

Arachnopeon
Great information! TKU for the post. Just what I've been looking for. Where did you find the keys to these species? Great pictures. What kind of camera did you use?

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Great info and pics !!!!! You're descriptions helped in seeing the difference in them
Keep up the Good work !!!!!

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Great information! TKU for the post. Just what I've been looking for. Where did you find the keys to these species? Great pictures. What kind of camera did you use?
my HUE webcam can zoom in really really close. Pretty nifty for checking these small critters out.

Vaejovidae.com is a good key, though you've gotta do some lengthy reading. Still helpful, though.