Well...

elliotulysses

Arachnosquire
After a summer/early fall event of getting my gallbladder out, finding out I have an extreme allergy to alcohol (went into anaphylaxis), and getting my top row of wisdom teeth out, THEN now getting a sinus infection it's fair to say I am pooped.
It is also fair to say a lot of the T maintenance fell upon my girlfriend, but she's pretty experienced. But now that I'm more able to help out with things, I realized how much I missed my babies.
Of course, I missed them before, but seeing them closer just warmed my heart.

Anyone else have any experiences like this?

kovsejr

Arachnopeon
i totaly understand you! I feel that something's missing if i don't check on my roommates atleast 2 times a day...i couldn't imagine beeing away from them for a week or more.

elliotulysses

Arachnosquire
i totaly understand you! I feel that something's missing if i don't check on my roommates atleast 2 times a day...i couldn't imagine beeing away from them for a week or more.
Yeah, I was away for a little while in the hospital, but after that I was just away in bed trying to do homework. I don't know how pathogens work with Ts, but I would rather be safe than sorry. Now that I'm feeling good, I took my loveable little avic for a stroll. And surprise! Since the last time I saw her, he is starting to look more like a male. It's my first confirmed boy.
I have about 1000 years to sex my rosea sling :p

Akai

Arachnobaron
I have about 1000 years to sex my rosea sling :p
I laughed. I have a G. rosea sling that I bought in 2012 at 1/4 inch. I think it barely went over and inch this year. lol This thing has fasted on me at least twice in that time. At this rate I'm going to hit retirement age before this things hits maturity. lol btw...reunions are the best aren't they?

elliotulysses

Arachnosquire
I laughed. I have a G. rosea sling that I bought in 2012 at 1/4 inch. I think it barely went over and inch this year. lol This thing has fasted on me at least twice in that time. At this rate I'm going to hit retirement age before this things hits maturity. lol btw...reunions are the best aren't they?
My little sling JUST started to get some urticating hairs. S/he is just so little that I am SURE I will be out of grad school by the time it's over two inches haha.
But it's kind of a joy. He will usually climb the sides and sit in your hand. Funny little bloke would have been lunch in the real spider world haha

And yes! animals are very theraputic

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
Wow, after ALL that, dude, your T's ought to be taking care of YOU. Welcome back. :)

My two rosies were already MF's when I rescued them. Just about all my others have either almost caught up to or surpassed them in size (except my P. subfusca HL, which seems to be growing agonizingly slow)

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I was in Missouri for six weeks this summer. All animal care fell upon my mother. When I got back, it was as if I had entirely different spiders! My LP's had gotten huge, my GBB was now blue, A. Geniculata was finally showing zebra stripes, and to top it all off, my G. Pulchripes was actually visible! he was 1/4" for so long and he had become nearly an inch by the time I got back.

Taking a long hiatus really tugs the heart strings because you miss them all so much. Glad to see you're finally up and running again!