Showing Off...

Medusa

Arachnoknight
Just wanted to show off my new E. campestratus. I bought this big gal from a hobbyist on his way to join the armed services, and he couldn't keep her. She's huge, and very docile. (I also got an A. metallica but he is in pre-molt and not in the mood for photos.) ;)

Attachments

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
How big is she? I've got several 3rd instar slings and they're tiny.

Akai

Arachnobaron
these are hobby classic and i'd venture to say top 5 most docile tarantulas. they are so docile that you forget it's an insectivore. lol

Medusa

Arachnoknight
I think she's > 8" dls. Just huge and bulky. I touched her and she just sat there. I wouldn't think of doing that to any of my others.

Medusa

Arachnoknight
+1

And I gotta say, I didn't realize this species got this big.
Me, either! Until I saw her I thought the seller was pulling my leg. I also have a teeny sling I've had for months...has only molted once and it's still less than 1/2". I'll be dead and gone by the time it gets any size to it.

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
Wow, nice BIG girl. Love the dark brown contrasted with the tan highlights on the legs. :)

Monkeyock

Arachnopeon
(I also got an A. metallica but he is in pre-molt and not in the mood for photos.) ;)
My first T (it was my fiancé who bought him) was an A.metallica that we called Murderface. He was the best ever, so sweet and pretty. He matured out and we were hunting for a wife for him, but he died about two weeks before she molted so we could never do the deed. That was a sad day. This campestratus is a beauty though for sure! Sounds like you did good.