tiny white things in tank

michaelasmommy

Arachnosquire
I first seen them in my p.irminia enclosure freaked out changed it washed real good. I now see them in my g.rosea enclosure. There are only a couple I can see should I change it or I read you can just let it dry out? Any info would work :) thanks ! Their super tiny barley noticeable just running around super fast.

Akai

Arachnobaron
pictures might help in this situation as "tiny white things" is rather vague.

michaelasmommy

Arachnosquire
I only seen like 3 and i don't think a picture would be helpful since I can barley see them. I know tiny white things doesn't help that all I can describe it as. If I catch one again crushing around I'll try to get a picture their fast also.

NewAgePrimal

Arachnosquire
Yes. Let the enclosures dry out. The roseas' enclosure should be dry to start with. It won't hurt the irminia to have adry enclosure for awhile. Only provide a water dish.

michaelasmommy

Arachnosquire
Her tank is dry just around her water dish I over fill it once in a while. Thanks ! I didn't know if seeing a couple I should change all of my tarantulas enclosures or just possibly let them all dry put just incase. I read they can come from the crickets from the store other than that I have no idea where they'd come from.

if you google "tiny white things in tarantula tank" they look like the very first picture

NewAgePrimal

Arachnosquire
You never know. Mites could be floating arond in your house if that is what they are. There are many different kinds. If they persist then go ahead and change the substrate and/or order some predatory mites. You can order them online from greenhouse suppliers. Search predatory mites or h. miles. Not expensive and won't hurt your Ts.

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They are little mites, if there are only a few of them there is no need for concern, however if there are many in the substrate (like all the substrate is full of them) or if they are on your T then you need to perform a complete clean-out. For now keep it very dry in those enclosures to prevent spreading.

michaelasmommy

Arachnosquire
Should i keep all my tarantulas enclosures dry for now since I seen a couple in 2 of them sp far

michaelasmommy

Arachnosquire
I first seen them in my p.irminia enclosure freaked out changed it washed real good. I now see them in my g.rosea enclosure. There are only a couple I can see should I change it or I read you can just let it dry out? Any info would work :) thanks ! Their super tiny barley noticeable just running around super fast.

NewAgePrimal

Arachnosquire
Do you have any Ts which require higher moister and humidity? If so then separate them from the other enclosres. If you see mites in there then get the predatory mites. If not then let the sub dry. Also quarantine the affected enclosures from the rest.

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would suggest you check all of your enclosures and rehouse them. Sounds like you could possibly have a mite outbreak. These demons will reproduce way too quickly if you don't nip it in the butt.

michaelasmommy

Arachnosquire
Well I have a L.parahybana, n.chromatus, b.albopilosum, 2 b.sabulsoum other than my rosea and irminia.

*I noticed some how this got posted 2 times how can i delete the other one?

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Are these looking more elongated or like tiny white spots? Are they mostly located near the waterdish?

Take picture if possible please, because it could be springtails and not mites.

David VB

Arachnosquire
Bad mites are usually red/brown to black. white little things are good, they eat waste ;)

Akai

Arachnobaron
i'm having a deja vu moment. i think this thread was posted twice. lol

michaelasmommy

Arachnosquire
They are white and mostly around water dish. The irminia doesn't have a dish it's a sling but they were around the couple drops I put in.

Also yes for some reason it was posted twice hahah I don't know how to delete one...

also if you google "tiny white things in tarantula tank" they look like the first picture just not as many a couple here and there.

Akai

Arachnobaron
i don't think you could delete one because they are both active threads with response to your query in both. it's all good. i was a bit sleep deprived and swore I made a response in one but not realizing there was another. lol

michaelasmommy

Arachnosquire
Lol, yeah I noticed their were 2 I have no idea how tried to figure out how to delete it but you're right I can't hah. They both have good advice so I guess it works.