will someone please have a word with my A serratum

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As the title says will someone please have a word with my Aphonopelma serratum sling as it seems to think its an lp, it's not following the "I'm slow moving slow growing " book it's meant to. All joking aside I realise that slings grow a lot faster than adults for numerous reason the main one being survival but this little t as gone from basically an egg with legs under the 5mm mark to over 1" as of this morning in around 5-5.5 months. It was so tiny when I 1st received it that my camera couldn't focus on it without it being blurred. Its never been injured or suffered any damage during a moult, it doesn't get fed any differently to any of my other slings or kept at higher temperature yet its had 2 moults in less than 5 weeks its caught up my G iheringi sling in size that is considered a faster growing grammostola and it was almost double the size 6 weeks ago. I'm beginning to find my little serratum a really fascinating little t and I feel it pulling me more towards the less traditional Aphonopelma genus (in the UK) i can see why alot of people from the USA love this genus

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
Sounds like you're going to have a fair sized lil' beastie on your hands quite soon, johnny. :)