B.smithi question

Tongue Flicker

Arachnobaron
Hey guys haven't been on for a while. I left my tarantulas at my sister's house for almost 4 months while I was on vacation, when i came over earlier i noticed that the first 2 pair of legs of my 5" female smithi has seemed to 'lost' or faded the red-knees away. The first pair of legs is almost black too, no visible red marks and there's only hints of white marks. She looks and behaves okay but i'm kinda bothered. Is this normal? Anyone else encountered this? Sorry no pic for now but will do once I'm settled in. Thanks! :)

cold blood

Staff member
Hey guys haven't been on for a while. I left my tarantulas at my sister's house for almost 4 months while I was on vacation, when i came over earlier i noticed that the first 2 pair of legs of my 5" female smithi has seemed to 'lost' or faded the red-knees away. The first pair of legs is almost black too, no visible red marks and there's only hints of white marks. She looks and behaves okay but i'm kinda bothered. Is this normal? Anyone else encountered this? Sorry no pic for now but will do once I'm settled in. Thanks! :)
The colors fade a bit as it gets closer to molting, and blackening of the skin on the rump as well as the legs is normal as the new exo grows beneath the old one. Probably just pre-molt is my guess.

Tongue Flicker

Arachnobaron
Her colors still look vibrant though she is kinda due for a pre-molt judging from her blackened bald patch on the abdomen. Will update if it is indeed a pre-molt symptom and if she does molt, if she retains the reds back. Thanks

Tongue Flicker

Arachnobaron
The colors fade a bit as it gets closer to molting, and blackening of the skin on the rump as well as the legs is normal as the new exo grows beneath the old one. Probably just pre-molt is my guess.
so it was indeed in pre-molt.. Just molted yesterday in fact :D