the moment i have dreaded, an OBT bite. any remedies?

insane247

Arachnosquire
is there anything i can take or drink or whatever to lessen the symptoms? wow i've never known pain until now

ARACHNO-SMACK48

Arachnoknight
Ok well I've heard that certain medications do not do much for the pain of an obt bite. Im no expert but maybe you could try icing it to prevent swelling/ pain.

Ludedor24

FangzTv
Old Timer
Yeah In most cases , aside from monitor your breathing not much they can do aside from muscle relaxers, Obviously you know your own body and can make educated decisions. Pretty much just have to wait for it to go away if you're looking for a "natural approach" best thing I can say is try to relax and do something non- strenuous to keep focused on something else

elliotulysses

Arachnosquire
I would try to get muscle relaxers.
If not try the good old fashioned "knock yourself out to avoid pain" method. Try drinking some nyquil and taking benedryl. You definitely should take an antihistimine no matter what.

xirxes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Slice a liquid Benadryl and place under tongue. This will help alleviate any histamine related issues.

gobey

Arachnoknight
Does it really matter if it's a juvie or not? Is the venom not the same venom? I've read bite reports from 1/2" H. maculata slings that had people in pain, cramps and stiffness for over a week. 3.5" isn't exactly a small spider.

When you're better fill out a bite report man. What happened?

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
Does it really matter if it's a juvie or not? Is the venom not the same venom? I've read bite reports from 1/2" H. maculata slings that had people in pain, cramps and stiffness for over a week. 3.5" isn't exactly a small spider.

When you're better fill out a bite report man. What happened?
Doesn't the amount of venom actually injected matter? Hence adults giving a worse bite?

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
Not too sure if this is true but warm water on the painful areas will make it hurt more but last a shorter period of time and cold will do the opposite, making it last longer but be less painful. Just a little theory I came up with.

gobey

Arachnoknight
Not too sure if this is true but warm water on the painful areas will make it hurt more but last a shorter period of time and cold will do the opposite, making it last longer but be less painful. Just a little theory I came up with.
Based on what?

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Mod note

Please keep this on topic, and keep your personal vendettas out of this thread and confined to your PMs.
This could be a potentially informative thread that can be important to many users, and I will not allow anyone to fill it with off topic arguing or garbage posts.

The topic of this thread is: Anything involving remedies for tarantula (in this case, an OBT) bites.
After I re-open this thread, any more off topic banter that has no bearing towards the topic will be removed, and infractions handed out as necessary.

Feriat

Arachnopeon
If you don't have a way to something stronger I would suggest 1g of acetaminophen every 6-8 hours (Tylenol or some other off brand doesn't matter much. This will help aches, pain, and any fever) 800mg of Ibuprofen every 8 hours or 500mg of naproxen every 12 hours (motrin amd advil respectively, one or the other not both. This will help any inflammation and fever as well. Take this with food or milk.) And 10mg every 24 hours of Loratadine (Claritin a non drowsy benadryl.) This is all Dependant of allergies to medicine as well as possible stomach ulser issues. These are all over the counter medications.