Ephebopus cyanognathus Question

Ashton

Arachnoknight
I just got an E. cyanognathus a couple of days ago. I know they are good burrowers, however, my little 1" sling stays on the lid of the deli I have it in. Why is it doing this and should I change the set up? The cup is 3/4 full of substrate and I have a small piece of cork bark and a plastic leaf in there right now.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A sling of that size needs at least half of the container filled with substrate.

JarvyvV

Arachnopeon
When I got my Ephebopus cyanognathus it just walked around the sides of its enclosure, but it eventually made a burrow, maybe making a little starter burrow could help it get used to its enclosure

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Fill the enclosure at least halfway with substrate and give it a small starter burrow. It'll settle in faster that way.

Kibosh

Arachnoknight
I had the same problem. Plenty of good substrate, bark hide starter burrow, did everything I could think of. Instead he felt like making a vast web tunnel network all over his cloth plant in the corner. Lived like that for months now and has molted twice without issue. idk man... weird spider