A. hentzi addition

elliotulysses

Arachnosquire
Why had I not looked into these little dolls until now? I think mines a juvie girl, but only molt will tell! Any other fans?

Medusa

Arachnoknight
My A. sp."New River" is one of my favorites. She's out in the open, docile, curious and always busy rearranging her home.

elliotulysses

Arachnosquire
My A. sp."New River" is one of my favorites. She's out in the open, docile, curious and always busy rearranging her home.
Yeah. I'm unsure of exactly what she is, but it was a best guess :p
I have NEVER had an issue like the one I encountered putting her in the viv.
Silly girl would not leave my hand! I had a good long "bonding time" before successfully relocating her.
Maybe she's a socialite haha

tonypace2009

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They do seem to be underrated I guess because not as colorful as some other spiders. These are some of my favorites.

elliotulysses

Arachnosquire
They do seem to be underrated I guess because not as colorful as some other spiders. These are some of my favorites.
Or maybe because they are common?
Would you have knowledge if it's harmful to keep her in an enclosure that previously held some fir bark?

tonypace2009

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I actually keep most of mine in peat substrate. I used to keep them in coconut substrate but they seem to dig more in the peat substrate. I keep substrate dry and just use water dish. Not sure if fir bark has any added toxins. In there local substrate in Texas I have found theme amongst ceder trees wich has some natural bug repellent properties. Even though they tollarate the Ceder I wouldn't condone putting any Ceder in their enclosure. Just to be on the safe side. These are very hardy spiders.

elliotulysses

Arachnosquire
I actually keep most of mine in peat substrate. I used to keep them in coconut substrate but they seem to dig more in the peat substrate. I keep substrate dry and just use water dish. Not sure if fir bark has any added toxins. In there local substrate in Texas I have found theme amongst ceder trees wich has some natural bug repellent properties. Even though they tollarate the Ceder I wouldn't condone putting any Ceder in their enclosure. Just to be on the safe side. These are very hardy spiders.
Well then ill just see what she likes! She's settling in now so I gave a super basic set up.

Zigana

Arachnosquire
I guess one could say I'm a fan of the A. Hentzi with 3 MF, 2 MM and 130 slings. While they are kind of bland in color their temperament is docile and easy to care for. The reason for so many slings is that I'm working on repopulating my area due to some local hot spots being destroyed. The population has deteriorated quickly having seen a few in June to zero during their peak migration time this last month. I usually see a lot from June thru Oct. 1, very few this year and other people in the area have noticed too.

They are interesting tarantulas, some like to dig up some soil while others will dig deep burrows. Docile temperament though some will kick hairs they usually stop doing that after they get used to their new home.

elliotulysses

Arachnosquire
I guess one could say I'm a fan of the A. Hentzi with 3 MF, 2 MM and 130 slings. While they are kind of bland in color their temperament is docile and easy to care for. The reason for so many slings is that I'm working on repopulating my area due to some local hot spots being destroyed. The population has deteriorated quickly having seen a few in June to zero during their peak migration time this last month. I usually see a lot from June thru Oct. 1, very few this year and other people in the area have noticed too.

They are interesting tarantulas, some like to dig up some soil while others will dig deep burrows. Docile temperament though some will kick hairs they usually stop doing that after they get used to their new home.
That's an awesome goal. No native Ts in Michigan, but I've been keeping generic cross orb weavers to release in Detroit. There is a serious lack of spiders in the city save for the occasional grass spider. You should post picks of your project! Very awesome for arachnoculture

I've noticed mine is super docile. When she wouldn't leave my hand I was creatively trying to get her off of me, some stuff should have made her defensive...and on move in day at that!

---------- Post added 10-06-2014 at 09:43 AM ----------

A few more molts to mature. Great find
Thanks! She was cheap and cute. I saw her when I picked up some b. vagans slings. Couldn't resist her!