Tarantula facts.

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
Does anybody know any facts or folk tail about a certain species? Sp far I've come up with P.cancerides killing horses and cows in Haiti, and G.rosea venom being used in heart medication. Anything else that would be cool to know?

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
its all fake tho.. wives tales and misunderstood conversations from eavesdropping theres tons from certain sp being communal like b. vegans , all avics. T's being able to jump 10ft in the air. able to kill you.. the list goes on n on n on.. its all pointless imho

cold blood

Staff member
They like to molt on their backs

They have 8 legs

They produce webbing

Thank you,

Captain Obvious

gobey

Arachnoknight
Fact! My G. porteri "Dee", doesn't like me, or you, or you, or you, or anybody at all.

That's a fact about her. :D

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The first time I had a tarantula stridulate, I thought it was utterly fascinating. Not a widely known thing, and not something every species is capable of.

Also...the courtship drumming!

JohnDapiaoen

Arachnobro
Old Timer
Does anybody know any facts or folk tail about a certain species? Sp far I've come up with P.cancerides killing horses and cows in Haiti, and G.rosea venom being used in heart medication. Anything else that would be cool to know?
Didja know...*leans in close* tarantulas have fuzzy butts? True story.

-JohnD.

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
its all fake tho.. wives tales and misunderstood conversations from eavesdropping theres tons from certain sp being communal like b. vegans , all avics. T's being able to jump 10ft in the air. able to kill you.. the list goes on n on n on.. its all pointless imho
Pointless? Probably. Interesting? For sure!

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Pointless? Probably. Interesting? For sure!
the facts, like if the rosea medicine.. oh yea.. but wivestales? i guess its personal oppinions. I think the killing a cow/horses thing is just idiotic and shows the way humans instantly point at the scarriest thing and say they did it. But ig thats me

gobey

Arachnoknight
My rose hair once killed a cow.... With a dry bite.

Sorry I'm turning this into chuck norris facts. Makes me want to go see what my girl is up to though. She's such a badass.... Oh look.... She's not up to anything at all.
:/

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I heard from a very, VERY secret scientist that tarantulas are.....arachnids.

I also heard they have venom.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
my T's have all told me, at different times, that they are plotting to take over the world. One bottle cap water dish at a time. They want to have a caucus to discuss the domination of the world and introducing a new arachnid like world order but their thoughts are incoherent and frequently disrupted with ideas of eating one another. I would facilitate their meeting but I'm afraid only one would emerge the victor over the others and then their plots for domination would never work. It's sad really, to know that their dearest desires will continue to go unfulfilled. :(