Molting problem?

MrDave

Arachnosquire
My LP sling (about 1/2 to 3/4 inch in size) was on its back this morning. Cool, I can watch it moult, I thought.

It got busy about 11:20 today, pulling its legs out of its old skin. An hour and a half later, it's back on its feet, but the old skin has not separated from its abdomen. It has taken a few steps, dragging its old skin with it.

Is there anything I can or should do beyond waiting and hoping for the best? The humidity in this room is about 45%. I occasionally mist/moisten part of its substrate but I don't have a water dish in with it.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

MrDave

Arachnosquire
Thanks Skippy.

It seems to have been a bit of a noob panicking. Soon after that post it began actively struggling to pull off the exuvia. It managed to pull itself mostly free and just now, I followed your suggestion and gave it a gentle tug with the forceps. It's now completely free.

Now, my other 2 LP slings will hopefully moult while I'm fast asleep.

dredrickt

Arachnoknight
One of my P. Nigricolors just did that last night. Got stuck on the last part of the abdomen. I sprayed the substrate around it, taking care not to hit it so it didn't panic, and this morning, it was free sporting a nice bright orange xmas tree on its back.

MrDave

Arachnosquire
The last bit that was sticking, after the last bit of struggling, seemed to be velcro'd to the patch of black hair on its butt.

Its now noticeably bigger than it was. I'm kinda surprised they just don't go 'pop' with bits of the old skin flying in all directions.

scorpionchaos

Arachnosquire
My LP's are always molting :p I spray them every 3 days or so and when I see signs of premolt I do it almost daily and raise the humidity quite a bit (not enough to cause mould) But definitely over 45%

MrDave

Arachnosquire
The other two must be about to molt, so I'll step up the misting. Maybe a small water dish after the moult is complete. Its been fairly chilly around here, the heat is on again, so it's probably time to get some general humidification going in here.

I've had these guys (gals?) for 2 months now, and its the 2nd round of moulting for them in that time. They've grown a lot even in that short time.