Has anyone of you seen their Ts flip for molting?

RussoTuristo

Arachnopeon
It's one of those things that I'm immensely curious about, but I've never been able to catch my Ts performing this action. Anyone here been lucky enough to witness their Ts flip onto their backs? How do they even go about it? I assume they flip sideways, that'd be the easiest way by far. But I wouldn't put anything past them, for all I know they may do a forward roll! :sarcasm:

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Over all the years, and hundreds, maybe thousands of spiders I've owned, I've only saw it once. No fancy forward head roll, just a delicate smooth roll over on its side. I cant speak for the 100+ other genera that I've never seen do it though ;)

Later, Tom

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
I've only seen it once and I have to say it was a bit underwhelming. Like Philth said it's just a deliberate sideways rollover. I believe someone on here caught it on camera but don't hold me to that until I go searching that person's thread.

tweakz

Arachnosquire
I've only seen it once and I have to say it was a bit underwhelming. Like Philth said it's just a deliberate sideways rollover. I believe someone on here caught it on camera but don't hold me to that until I go searching that person's thread.
hobo posted a clip once

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
I have seen one do it but it wasn't like some big front flip where he got air, it was just him putting his chelicerae into the dirt and then push with his back legs and a gentle roll, it was a sling, pure swag.

Bipolar Spider

Arachnopeon
I posted a video where it happened a few times couple months ago, as stated it's nothing dramatic just a sluggish roll

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Over all the years, and hundreds, maybe thousands of spiders I've owned, I've only saw it once. No fancy forward head roll, just a delicate smooth roll over on its side. I cant speak for the 100+ other genera that I've never seen do it though ;)
Same here. Very rare thing to see, unless you just happen to be in the right place at the right time. Only last seconds.

RussoTuristo

Arachnopeon
It's not spectacular, of course, but very interesting nonetheless. Thanks for the replies and videos, guys!

xirxes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Last month I saw GBB shimmy sideways up web and just kept walking then let go. Upside down for a molt that took only 10 minutes.

samatwwe

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Funny I saw this thread yesterday and today I caught my B. boehmei female flipping over for a molt. I got pictures so I will post them when I get a chance

Bugmom

Arachnolord
I've yet to see it.

I did get to watch my mature genic go through the entire process of making a sperm web, from spinning it to depositing sperm to sucking it up in his palps. Was way cool, although I felt a little wrong watching it lol

squidstuff

Arachnopeon
Caught my b. albo sling flipping last night. He had half his legs up on his hideaway, and very slowly started tipping.
This is also my first molt so I'm pretty darn excited to get home tonight.

cold blood

Staff member
Couple weeks ago I saw my LD slowly raise its legs on the side and gently slump over...I got excited, as it was the first time I had witnessed this in 14 years...I hit it with the light too straight on and it flipped back over and fled...it flipped again and molted later that night.