Genus Cyriocosmus

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi everyone, just want to share some pics of my favourite species...

My personnal opinion is they beat anything as far as beauty!

I hope you like them...

First, Cyriocosmus elegans, originating from Tobago Island...

Next, I am not sure if I should call them Cyriocosmus sp., but I think for now they go as Cyriocosmus elegans Venezuela...

The main difference is, as you can see, the lack of balck triangle on the prosoma...

The reason I post pic of different angles is that depending of them, the color of the heart shaped spot on the opisthosoma changes...

I just love them...

No anyone want to share pics of some C. leetzi please?

I hoped you liked the pics...

Martin

Last edited by a moderator:

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Very nice Martin...now if only I could get my hands on a good digital and take some pics of mine....soon...

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Stop spending on the spiders and buy a cam!

What am I saying... forget what I just said!LOL

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Why do you think I don't have a digital now....maybe you could buy me one with all my money you have.. ;) .lol..I start saving for one and you come along with more exclusive/rare spiders for me...well you know the story...lol..so it's all your fault I don't own a decent digital.. ;P ....but some fine spiders to compensate though.. :D .lol..

Last edited:

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
Im still to get any Cyrio's but here's an old fav of mine that i beilieve may be now lost to the hobby Hapalotremus albipes the Bolivan white leg these are quite big can get close to 3' leg span and need low temps sorry for the pic had to scan it in she's long gone :(

Attachments

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
I've been DYING to get some off these, but I can't find them in the US. This genus is amazing!

-Bryan

Last edited:

Swifty

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just got two slings of C. elegans :D I've been drooling over these for a long!
They even have a pattern at this size! I just love them!
Guy, I'm seriously jealous of your C. leetzi, they have got to be one of the most beautiful spiders on earth!

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The Eternal, Southern Spider Works had some for sale, I do not know if they still do... I have about 30 C. elegans with the triangle and 7 of the other one...

Guy, thanks for the gorgeous pic... so, is the species doomed in the hobby or not? I see people everywhere looking for males, never hearing of any breeding... well actually not completely true, I am not sure if that is true but I heard someone had an eggsac lately and the spiderlings all died because of negligeance... needless to say, if that is true, I am in the worst of moods!

FryLock, Thanks for sharing, I am looking for that species everywhere but cannot find any, nice pic... tell me, did it look like that freshly molted also?... just wondering because the picture in Peter Klaas's book (new german version) is absolutly stunning, and the one of Rick West's site also...

Swifty, good stuff! Yeah, that is what is amazing with that species, they are real treat to grow from sling because they show pattern even at 1/4" size!

Take care

Martin

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
That one was from a pair i had from Peter i cant remember the year i got them but it was early 90's :? she was a bit tatty in that pic but the legs arnt much brighter after a moult, iv never seen them since W/C or C/B thinking back the male was never bothered but seeing as males and females were being exported at the same time giving her a temp change lower or higher for a bit then back may have got a sac who knows.

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
These guys are awesome... both of my C. elegans slings are growing quickly and look soooo nice!

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Here's my lovely C. elegans. She's up to 1/2", now. What a beauty!

-Bryan

Attachments

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Here is a David & Goliath comparaison!

Last edited:

priZZ

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
tarcan said:
Here is a David & Goliath comparaison!
:D LOL :D Very nice! Thanks for sharing that, and good luck with hatching! I keep my fingers crossed for Ya! I've noticed You're also Martin. Everything that Martin is, is good! :D

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
PriZZ, I am glad you like it! :)

So far so good, just a little more time...

Last edited:

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Are there tarantulas in there somewhere? Oh, wait those little black dots must be them... or is it the little yellow things :)

I definately want one of these eventually

Mori

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Here is an epic battle of biblical proportion! (do not try this at home folks!)...

The T. blondi actually kicked hair at the C. elegans! {D The funniest thing ever... I tried to get the C. elegans to do a threat posture, but it was not a bit intimidated by his giant opponant!

Enjoy

Martin

Disclaimer: No T. blondi males have been injured during this photo shoot!

Last edited: