Asian Roadtrip Slash Instant Vacation

Tongue Flicker

Arachnobaron
Hey guys if you have not noticed, i was gone for like forever. As you may know i post/comment almost everyday except the last 2 months since i was so busy wrapping up my South-east Asian tour.

To kick things off, here are some photos of my visit to Vietnam.

Fields and the mountains, baby

View from the bus window

There's a friggin bug beside the bus window @__@

When i saw this I was like, i wanna take this home for my reptiles lol

Saw this deep in the woods.. What do you guys think lives here? Haha

Of course, no Asian tour is complete til you've tried local delicacies; deep-fried bugs and spiders. P.S. i condone this tarantula treatment!! Lol

Getting ready to be cooked :( Old world Ts anyone? :(

That's part 1 for now lol

:p

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
wish i could've shipped those home but apparently those ones were kinda stressed out til they were too dizzy to move
Don't they break the fangs off with a machete or something, so they don't kill each other while they're waiting to be cooked?

Later, Tom

Akai

Arachnobaron
I heard they are really really salty tasting. At least from a YouTube video of Gordon Ramsey trying some. lol

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
I heard they are really really salty tasting. At least from a YouTube video of Gordon Ramsey trying some. lol
Slightly sweet taste but deep fat fried in rancid palm oil, everything tastes pretty much the same. Best roasted over a campfire then dipped in hot pepper sause.

Entomancer

Arachnobaron
I can't help but wonder if that quantity of tarantulas being taken for the food market is impacting local populations beyond their ability to recover...

I would also never eat anything fried in palm oil. That goddamn shit is ruining all of south Asia.