Enclosures

Amimia

Arachnosquire
I wanted to ask, where do you get your enclosures? So far, 2 of my Ts are in enclosures we've had for awhile, 3 are in baby food jars, and i have two juvenile enclosures I bought online. But I have an order coming in and might need some more enclosures:sarcasm:

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I make most of mine using plastic food containers, pretzel jars, and large deli cups.

CBickert

Arachnopeon
I wanted to ask, where do you get your enclosures? So far, 2 of my Ts are in enclosures we've had for awhile, 3 are in baby food jars, and i have two juvenile enclosures I bought online. But I have an order coming in and might need some more enclosures:sarcasm:
Depends on size of the T and $$ available.

For slings you can use 4, 8, 16, & 32 oz deli cups. They are readily available and cheap. Or you could use AMAC boxes from the containerstore.com - a bit pricier but reusable and look better IMO. There are also Kritter Keepers (KK) if you have an arid terrestrial. Usually these over do it on the ventilation and hold no humidity, also they are more difficult than worth to transform into an arboreal set up.

Juvies you can use 32 oz for arboreals, or the larger AMAC boxes, and shoe boxes from the containerstore.com , or even types up tupperware from Ziploc or other brands. Keep in mind they will all require modification for ventilation either in the form of drilled holes, or aluminum vents. Again the medium or large KK could work depending on the species.

Adults you can use larger shoe boxes, larger plastic storage bins, for an economic choice. Or you can step it up a bit and get a 2.5, 5, 10, 20 gallon aquarium. Keep in mind you will have to fashion or purchase a lid for them with ventilation. Aquariums can be used for both terrestrial (just remember to fill it with enough subsrate) as well as be used for arboreal species. If money is no option you can get pre made acrylic enclosures from Jamie's Tarantulas, Tarantulacage.com, or possibly the Exo-Terra Terrariums. Although the later choice works better for arboreal, but can be made to accommodate terrestrial T's.

Hope this helps.

High Lord Dee

Arachnosquire
Check out Jamie's Tarantulas (www.jamiestarantulas.com). Nice sling and juvie enclosures. Great supplier for live T's too. Recently, I have been buying from Lorex Plastics on eBay. They have a wide variety of shapes and sizes and come with a lockable clasp.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thornton Plastics, AMAC boxes from Container stores, as far as large acrylic container, you will not find anything cheap in the USA. You have to buy outside of the USA for cheap ones. Or make them yourself.

Also use cheap SOLO plastic deli containers, KK's. The good thing about Ts is they are can live in practically anything. Just depends on how much you are willing to spend and how much space you have.

I just buy the supplies and make my own acrylic boxes (smaller sizes), it's much cheaper that way.

---------- Post added 10-11-2014 at 12:28 PM ----------

Check out Jamie's Tarantulas (www.jamiestarantulas.com). Nice sling and juvie enclosures. Great supplier for live T's too. Recently, I have been buying from Lorex Plastics on eBay. They have a wide variety of shapes and sizes and come with a lockable clasp.

Where on eBay? I used Lorex Plastics in the search bar, it popped up junk.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Thornton Plastics, AMAC boxes from Container stores, as far as large acrylic container, you will not find anything cheap in the USA. You have to buy outside of the USA for cheap ones. Or make them yourself.

Also use cheap SOLO plastic deli containers, KK's. The good thing about Ts is they are can live in practically anything. Just depends on how much you are willing to spend and how much space you have.

I just buy the supplies and make my own acrylic boxes (smaller sizes), it's much cheaper that way.

---------- Post added 10-11-2014 at 12:28 PM ----------

Where on eBay? I used Lorex Plastics in the search bar, it popped up junk.
same here brought up a dr sues bag and then some lorex security stuff in related.. then again im on mobile maybe thats why o_O but those sounds pretty interesting

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's cheaper to buy them from Asia, quality is just as good. USA prices are obscene

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
It's cheaper to buy them from Asia, quality is just as good. USA prices are obscene
oh yea! got any sites viper? iv gotten standard deli cups for super cheap, downside being it takes 2-3weeks for us shipments usually but if you just plan ahead or keep extras its always nice XD

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Thought id share my 5.5g with you guys.. does have a potho i wont lie its by the water diash for when it overflows once or twice a week.

Ps ignore the moist sub i misted the top so it packed down a little for the occupent (to be added in a few days) to lay down silk

So lets get started..

I started with a 5.5 critter cage (slide top) and added a cork background (notice i was dumb and cut it too short so added a scrap peice to hold it up as the hot glue holds it (id use something elese if was to use it again)

Next we add a little cocofiber. And sence im baking it, i started to find out how i wanted some leaf-age on the background as with baking you have tons of time to kill xD

Another veiw on how i decided it looked good..next i hotglued the plants

Lastly the finishing touches. Burried a plant pot. Compressed it all down and added 2 cork "pillars" in front corners (scrap pieces from cutting a 18*18 for the 2 5.5gals) to allow the T to anchor webs if she wishes, i planted a potho behind a pillar (these are to hide a tea cap water dish not seen atm) and mist down to allow dry..ill add front pic when water dries

This is an enclosure for a 5" C. Cyaneopubeacans fem who seems to be mainly terrestrial but id like to give her the option to be semi arboreal if she chooses (if is shell be moved to a 10g)

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Depending on how much you want to spend you can use anything you want from food containers deli cups etc. Recycling is one option and im sure almost all of do this at some point. Ive personally started using braplast rearing containers they are perfect for larger slings/ small juveniles and they are pretty cheap in the UK even given the exchange rate they aren't too expensive to anybody that wants them from the US at around $1.50 even cheaper if you need a bulk order as they would work out around $1.20 each

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
I buy glass tank 1-2 ft depending on how big the adult T is and use sistema clip lock containers for slings-juvies
container.jpg

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Littlecritterspetshop

Lorexpl1

Bugzarre (they're located in the UK)

Grandeagleretail (they sell various things, but have a lot of enclosures)

Reptilian_cyborg
Thanks I searched eBay for all of these, and none appeared, guess they don't have anything to sell right now.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Thanks I searched eBay for all of these, and none appeared, guess they don't have anything to sell right now.
Got to go advanced search, by seller and then put in name.

I looked them up and laughed a bit especialy at the retail one.. pretty pricey imo compared to just making ur own or buying tubs

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Got to go advanced search, by seller and then put in name.

I looked them up and laughed a bit especialy at the retail one.. pretty pricey imo compared to just making ur own or buying tubs
I think the lizard setups for 18.99$ are overpriced based on quality alone. For 19$ one should be receiving neatly drilled holes, not sloppy looking heat melted holes for ventilation.