Herping in the American Canyon in Placer co California And a ID

BrandonH

Arachnopeon
I was out looking for snakes today but i didnt find any. I did find a number of scorpions all pretty small but very cool looking. also seen some millipedes and a neat looking centipedes so i though i would share some pics with you.
A millipede found under a pine log
DSCN7950.jpg
A couple tiny scorpions
DSCN7958.jpg
anyone know what this scorpion is? i saw a bunch of these little blackish ones. this one was also feeding
DSCN8009.jpg
A very neat looking centipede and surprisingly long
l DSCN7969.jpg

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
the millipede i cannot ID, probably a member of atopetholidae.

Scorpion #1: I cannot really ID this, but it looks like Paruroctonus, to me. got any closer pics of it?

Scorpion #2: Likely Uroctonites montererus

centipede: Geophilomorpha, genus Strigamia. this genus is largest-sized of the geos, ive seen a few reaching nearly 9 inches.

BrandonH

Arachnopeon
Thank you for your help! sorry for the very late reply i got super busy when i came back from vacation! Wow i don't think i seen any that were 9 inches but i would love to phonograph one :) i do have closer pics of both i will edit this post and add them in a few mins if your still wanting to see them

small black one and a yellow also found in same area 5.jpg 4.jpg

Last edited:

BrandonH

Arachnopeon
some zoomed in photos of tiny scorpions pics 1,2,3 are of scorpion 1 in first thread message
The last 4 are of little black scorpions that seemed to be under every rock of any size 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 7.jpg 6.jpg