Individual feeding methods

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Are there others out there who use unconventional feeding methods for individuals tarantulas who have
Weird eating habits?

tarantulaperson

Arachnopeon
Help with new T

So i just got back into the hobby and i have never bought young tarantulas before. I just got two new ones and as they grow i don't know how much to feed them. When should i up their crickets count or move to large crickets. Any suggestions? I have an OBT and a Mexican red knee.

DVMT

Arachnosquire
So i just got back into the hobby and i have never bought young tarantulas before. I just got two new ones and as they grow i don't know how much to feed them. When should i up their crickets count or move to large crickets. Any suggestions? I have an OBT and a Mexican red knee.
You may have hijacked someone elses thread here. Start a fresh one, please.

katluc

Arachnopeon
I don't think I do anything unconventional really. Maybe it's more me getting to know my Ts better but one of my Ts, my B.vagans sling has a voracious appetite. I tended to overfeed it but it got very fat. Then I noticed that there were times when it would just sit for days and other times when it would wander. Now I mostly feed when it's going walkabout because I think it must be off hunting. Not sure whether I'm correct or not but this new method seems to work well.

tarantulaperson

Arachnopeon
I started a new thread i apologize i wasn't sure where to put my comment. I personallly don't like to feed a lot of crickets to my OBT at once i like to watch him eat then wait to put in a new cricket later. I don't like leaving food in it's cage. I don't want the crickets roaming.

scorpionchaos

Arachnosquire
My funny bug feeding list :p

E.murinus: put cricket near hole, sling pops up backwards (he's special) turns around goes back down hole, then heard cricket towards said hole for the popcorn show and eventual take down.

C.marshalli: drops food as close as I can to prevent a frantic, panicked chase lol

B.vagans: let cricket walk towards its death.

LP#1: drop cricket

LP#2: drop small prey as far away as possible and let it approach him (or else he gets scared runs as fast and far as he can!

A.versicolor: same as marshalli.

G.rosea: drop cricket and flip coin, same percent of success...

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I started a new thread i apologize i wasn't sure where to put my comment. I personallly don't like to feed a lot of crickets to my OBT at once i like to watch him eat then wait to put in a new cricket later. I don't like leaving food in it's cage. I don't want the crickets roaming.

That's works if you only have a few spiders and a lot of time on your hands. And you're right, unsupervised crickets roaming the cage are prone to get in mischief: vandalizing private property, making crank phone calls, and keeping the neighbors up all night with their incessant chirping. Hooligans.

scorpionchaos

Arachnosquire
That's works if you only have a few spiders and a lot of time on your hands. And you're right, unsupervised crickets roaming the cage are prone to get in mischief: vandalizing private property, making crank phone calls, and keeping the neighbors up all night with their incessant chirping. Hooligans.
and eating molting tarantulas :p

I got chirped just last week by the crickets... O did I ever give their been a shaking...