October is Pit Bull awareness month

HungryGhost

Arachnoknight
Sorry to hear about your pug being attacked. I also have a pug. Was the pit on a leash? Was the pug on a leash?

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Pittbulls are no different than any other canine. Raised with compassion and respect they return it. Blame their bad rap on a-holes and how they raised them. Okay, leave Akitas and similar psycho munch beasts out of that. They still have the kill for food lupine traits. Those traits were bred out of the 'pitbull' blood lines a long time ago. The modern version, raised to be vicious by idiots usually suffering from shrinking testicles/ovaries syndrome, is completely different. A product of the environment.

That's a beautiful animal you have there.

Last edited:

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Pittbulls are no different than any other canine. Raised with compassion and respect they return it. Blame their bad rap on a-holes and how they raised them. Okay, leave Akitas and similar psycho munch beasts out of that.

That's a beautiful animal you have there.
Totally agreed.

I was also attacked by two pitbulls 'cos they had a shitty owner. However, to my luck, I had my Kangal with me. So pitbulls advance, my girl steps in front of me and barks once. One pitbull returns, the other keeps coming. As it came close enough, my Kangal just stepped on it with her huge paws. Pitbull could not move, just looking up. If it made a move, it would have been eaten and I think it knew that very well. We stayed like that until the a**hole owner arrived and took away his dog.

For those who doesn't know what a Kangal is, here is me and my girl when she was 5 months old and I was way way too young :) :

And here she is 6 months old next to my full grown husky:

And just to end on a note related to the subject, pitbulls are great dogs.

Last edited:

HungryGhost

Arachnoknight
@Najakeeper- That's quite a dog you have there, my pit would be belly up if they met. She's a chicken when it comes to big dogs ;) What I will never understand is why dog owners will let their dogs wander around off the leash, it's not a good idea for any breed.

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Month? Oh...I was hoping we would get to form a pit bull awareness mob.

Beautiful dog!

Akai

Arachnobaron
I love the breed. I used to have a female many many years ago but I gave her to a friend who had a large property. Unless you own your own home it's hard finding apartments and houses that will let you keep them around here. Is yours brindle colored through out? Gorgeous dog. It's sad but you find a lot of Pitts in shelters around here.

HungryGhost

Arachnoknight
I love the breed. I used to have a female many many years ago but I gave her to a friend who had a large property. Unless you own your own home it's hard finding apartments and houses that will let you keep them around here. Is yours brindle colored through out? Gorgeous dog. It's sad but you find a lot of Pitts in shelters around here.
She is totally brindle with white toes and a small white patch on her chest. Let me tell you it isn't even easy owning one if you have your own house. My insurance company dropped my homeowners policy be cause of her. I had to find a new company.

Julia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
And in honor of Pit Bull Awareness Month, allow me to introduce Dizzy! :)

Frogdog:
Frogdog.jpg

With Daddy and partner-in-crime, Sheeba aka Roo aka Horsebeast:
daddy&dogs.jpg

Doing her best Elvis impersonation:
Elvis.jpg

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Cute dogs but I'm not a fan of them are they're illegal here.
Breed-Specific Legislation is one of the stupidest, cruelest, and most useless form of government intrusion there is. NO place which has BSL has seen a reduction in dog bites or attacks, not one. In fact, many have seen an INCREASE. Look at Great Britain, for instance; serious dog attacks have increased by nearly 150% once they enacted the nationwide "Dangerous Dogs Act", even though countless innocent dogs have been taken from their owners and put to death simply because of how they looked. The city of Denver, Colorado, has strict BSL in place and has slaughtered thousands of dogs based on their looks alone, a knee-jerk reaction to a single attack attributed to "pit bulls", and yet the rate of hospitalizations from severe dog attacks has increased by 15% in that city. I bred real American Pit Bull Terriers for almost 30 years, and was around them long before that, and I've owned more real APBT's than most people will ever even see in their entire lifetimes, yet I was never bitten, never hurt, never threatened by one at all. Now, if what the media and the politicians claim about these dogs is true, that they're inherently vicious and aggressive, then I should not have statistically survived past the age of 40, yet here I am. Politicians need scapegoats, something to pin blame upon whenever something goes wrong, and they find the perfect scapegoat in animals like "pit bulls"(a term which encompasses ALL short-coated dogs between 20 and 200 pounds that have a rather blocky-shaped head and muscular build) and snakes. It's easy to target animals, apparently, compared to targeting specific HUMAN behavior that leads to the animal hurting someone.

pitbulllady

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
Meh I'm glad they're banned here, stops the problem for crap owners in the first place, you have to ask yourself do you really NEED a Pitbull?

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Meh I'm glad they're banned here, stops the problem for crap owners in the first place, you have to ask yourself do you really NEED a Pitbull?
What does that mean?

Do you really need a husky? A yellow lab? A golden retriever? They can all hurt people if their owners are ignorant a**holes. Pitbulls are no different.

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
Lmao all breeds have crap owners, Pitbulls just seem to react to it far worse, I just think they're not a good breed for families and I would NEVER let one around my future kids, you know you're in denial about the breed when you write off every pitbull attack as 1.bad owners 2.Media conspiring against your breed and 3. having to smash your pitbull with training so it ends up as a normal dog, hilarious to me.