Help- Avic in Acrylic For Ventilation?

BossRoss

Arachnosquire
So… I have been reading some users opinions that cross ventilation for an Avic is essential to its health or very important at the least.

In South Africa we can easily have summers that get into the low 30 degree Celsius mark and it can be dry but we do generally have decent rainfall in our summers. Up until today I have only seen glass enclosures which offer very little to no cross ventilation. Today I finally saw a LPS, not one I frequent too often, has three different types of acrylic enclosures(I bought 2 of the 3 types they had). The only arboreal enclosures measures 150mmX150mmX250mm. My Avic avic is currently in an enclosure about a 3rd of the size of the acrylic one but (s)he is in a glass enclosure with a wooden lid that has ventilation.

She molted about two weeks ago and has eaten since then. I would hate to break her awesome webbing with a rehousing, I think it is time but wanted some other opinions, so; Should I move my Avic avic into the acrylic or leave her as is?

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
The smaller cage need better ventilation, cross ventilation, which means airholes on the sides. In most cases it's not an option with Avics, it's a necessity. To me a tall, narrow cage like that is a pain to work with. Just not worth it. I'm not seeing a water bowl, and many people can't do misting right, and end up killing their Avics because of it. Artsy-fartsy cages are nice looking, but the spider's needs and your ability to meet them, come first.

BossRoss

Arachnosquire
To me a tall, narrow cage like that is a pain to work with. Just not worth it. I'm not seeing a water bowl, and many people can't do misting right, and end up killing their Avics because of it.
Now this I agree with, I bought her in that enclosure and noticed she was in pre-molt. So I let her molt and was going to be moving her into a bigger glass enclosure soon any way but I jumped at the chance for Acrylic enclosures and I want to move her now... The longer I sat looking at it and her the more I started doing bits and pieces to ready the new aryclic enclosure...

I should be able to do the transfer in the next 20minutes or so... :-D