A new T helps make you feel better

Enn49

Arachnosquire
Well I’ve had a bad few weeks. It all began at the beginning of August when my late Mum’s washing died on me leaving water all over the kitchen floor. I knew I was going to have to wait until the end of the month to afford a new one so everything had to be hand washed. I shopped around for a new machine and settled on a reconditioned one as the company would deliver, fit and remove the old one. 10 days later I had put a load of towels in on a hot wash, halfway through all was well but when I went to check again the kitchen floor was flooded. I contacted the company who wouldn’t answer the phones so I wrote to them, still no response and the letter came back to me. Last week I ordered another new one from a shop in town and it arrived yesterday. All connected, tested etc. so in went my first load. After 10 minutes or so I heard dripping water, then gushing water. Thinking it was the old pipes and stop tap that were the problem I called a local plumber who discovered a split in the waste pipe of the washer. I have contacted the shop and am still waiting to hear back as to when they will come and fix it.

Sooo to cheer myself up I went and bought a B. smithi off eBay. It was only £5.49 ( 8.77 USD ). It has just arrived packed like this......

And inside was this. A piece of foil and a couple of sheets of toilet paper

But little one seems ok

And into its new home.

I just noticed the cat in one pic. Don't worry he was chased out before I opened the syringe.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That's, um, an interesting packing job.
Congrats on your new T!
Hope you get washer situation straightened out soon.

Spinster

Arachnosquire
Multiply that baleful feline glare by four and you're at my place! I'm glad your new "baby" arrived in one piece. I sympathize re the washer, my apartment was flooded out by bad pipes twice when I first moved in this year.

Enn49

Arachnosquire
That's, um, an interesting packing job.
Congrats on your new T!
Hope you get washer situation straightened out soon.
I was quite disappointed when the postman handed it to me as I was expecting a box. I couldn't believe a T would arrive in an envelope.

Multiply that baleful feline glare by four and you're at my place! I'm glad your new "baby" arrived in one piece. I sympathize re the washer, my apartment was flooded out by bad pipes twice when I first moved in this year.
I have 4 cats too but only this one got in on the act today.

is... is that spider packed in a syringe?
It is indeed. At least they had the sense to put a piece of thread though it to make it easier to pull the plunger out.

LythSalicaria

Arachnosquire
Well that packing job is certainly a testament to Brachypelma hardiness. By the looks of things, no ventilation was provided. Sorry to hear about your laundry fiasco, hope the problem gets fixed soon. :)

Akai

Arachnobaron
Congrats on the Smithi. Sucks about your washing machine though. I would not have patience for that. lol Anyways you bought your T on eBay? I know you can get dubia and fish on there but this is a first for me hearing this. That's cool. ;)

Enn49

Arachnosquire
Well that packing job is certainly a testament to Brachypelma hardiness. By the looks of things, no ventilation was provided. Sorry to hear about your laundry fiasco, hope the problem gets fixed soon. :)
It was down to 50 deg here last night so yes they must be hardy.

How nice to deliver addicts their fix ready-to-use. Just stick a needle on it and inject.... Aaah.. That helps the T gravings for a few days...
That really made me chuckle, made my day complete.

Congrats on the Smithi. Sucks about your washing machine though. I would not have patience for that. lol Anyways you bought your T on eBay? I know you can get dubia and fish on there but this is a first for me hearing this. That's cool. ;)
Thanks. Yes, people are selling them as live food and eBay seem to let them.

xkris

Arachnosquire
sweet lord, dude...you went through some tough s***. hope luck smiles on you in future and your new t grows up into a big stunning girl.

Medusa

Arachnoknight
An AB member is interested in purchasing my male P. regalis. I wonder if I could coax it into a syringe...[emoji12]

Enn49

Arachnosquire
sweet lord, dude...you went through some tough s***. hope luck smiles on you in future and your new t grows up into a big stunning girl.
Thank you, I'm already thinking of this one as a female.

An AB member is interested in purchasing my male P. regalis. I wonder if I could coax it into a syringe...[emoji12]

I have this mental pic of you trying to shove a 5-6 inch T into a syringe like this one lol.

It seems to have found its new “hidey” place

XBabysinX

Arachnopeon
I would have been so upset, nervous and sad for that little guy upon seeing that package...or envelope I mean. So glad it's okay though, I consider my b. Smithi my most stunning T. Congrats!!

Enn49

Arachnosquire
I would have been so upset, nervous and sad for that little guy upon seeing that package...or envelope I mean. So glad it's okay though, I consider my b. Smithi my most stunning T. Congrats!!
I was very concerned when I started to open it, fully expecting it to be dead. All is well this morning though, I couldn't wait to go check on it.

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
Sorry about your rash of bad luck, Enn, but it seems to have had a silver lining. Congrats on your smithi, a hobby staple & a great T for any collection. I have two at the 2.5 - 3 inch mark, looking forward to many years with them, watching them grow & become ever more colourful. :)

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Did you order from an online dealer or was it a member who sold it to you? Btw, this is a great species that is sadly not as common as they used to be. I blame the Rose Hair for that :p

Enn49

Arachnosquire
Did you order from an online dealer or was it a member who sold it to you? Btw, this is a great species that is sadly not as common as they used to be. I blame the Rose Hair for that :p
No, not a dealer in this case although there is one seller that has a website selling them too. I just love the colour contrasts of these.

Enn49

Arachnosquire
Well little one has eaten a small cricket tonight and is now sitting on the lid of its tub so I guess its rough journey didn't do any harm..

Drache

Arachnosquire
Sweet. And I can tell it worked - the washer is still a mess, but you feel better.