and the nervewracking wait begins!

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
woke up to my suspected female GBB juvie on her back today. But I have to leave for school and can't stick around and make sure she's okay. Today's gonna be a long day, isn't it?

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
woke up to my suspected female GBB juvie on her back today. But I have to leave for school and can't stick around and make sure she's okay. Today's gonna be a long day, isn't it?
i have 4 T's right now and one of them is a juvie GBB. since owning my Ts i havnt wistnessed any molting yet and im always reading/hearing people say that they cant run into problems during their molt... exactly what problems could happen?

LythSalicaria

Arachnosquire
Hehehehe...it can definitely be nerve-wracking, but I'm sure your GBB will be fine. The first few times my NW terrestrials barricaded themselves in burrows for weeks on end I was sick with worry - but leaving them be is the kindest thing you can do. Generally speaking all they need is peace, quiet and a bit of time. :) If you ever find yourself in this situation again with a T molting in the open, if you can swing it you should try to set up a camera to capture the event. Molting time lapses are so cool to watch. :D

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hehehehe...it can definitely be nerve-wracking, but I'm sure your GBB will be fine. The first few times my NW terrestrials barricaded themselves in burrows for weeks on end I was sick with worry - but leaving them be is the kindest thing you can do. Generally speaking all they need is peace, quiet and a bit of time. :) If you ever find yourself in this situation again with a T molting in the open, if you can swing it you should try to set up a camera to capture the event. Molting time lapses are so cool to watch. :D
I actually did that when one of my B. Smithis molted in the center of his cage. it was a pretty good video but the camera ran out of space halfway through and ruined it at the end. I'm really waiting for when my LP's get to a large size to time lapse a molt because it should end up pretty good with a 9" tarantula molting.