A. minatrix acrylic enclosure

Saark

Arachnosquire
Here's a couple pics of an enclosure I made with a 5x5x13in acrylic display case. The actual interior height from the substrate is 10in. I was thinking of using it is a forever home for my A. minatrix. Sadly, the T is only about 1 in at this point :biggrin: At least it will be all set to go when she's big enough to go in.

Anyway, here it is. There is a 2in round vent in the top and two more camouflaged in the back, one a couple inches from the top, the other a couple inches above the substrate. I used coconut husk "climbing background" that they sell in the hermit crab section as a background to give a nice climbing surface for the T and also to hide the vents and whatever ugly stuff is visible through the back.

20141016_184532.jpg 20141016_183645.jpg

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Your enclosure looks really good, I can see you've put in a lot of work into it =)

I do have a few concerns however. The most important thing is that there is not enough ventilation, arboreal species, avics in particular, require good air ventilation to survive, otherwise the air will become stagnant and it is dangerous for these Ts. If you can install some vents on either side like you have on the top (or if you unblock whatever vents you blocked with the backdrop) then the enclosure will become viable =)

Once the ventilation issue is dealt with the enclosure will be fantastic for a minatrix sling, however it can not live in there its entire life as you are hoping. A minatrix will eventually reach 5"+ and that is a larger legspan than the width of this enclosure, needless to say the T would be extremely cramped. I would say it could live in here up until the 3-4" mark, but after that you're gona need to rehouse

Saark

Arachnosquire
Your enclosure looks really good, I can see you've put in a lot of work into it =)

I do have a few concerns however. The most important thing is that there is not enough ventilation, arboreal species, avics in particular, require good air ventilation to survive, otherwise the air will become stagnant and it is dangerous for these Ts. If you can install some vents on either side like you have on the top (or if you unblock whatever vents you blocked with the backdrop) then the enclosure will become viable =)

Once the ventilation issue is dealt with the enclosure will be fantastic for a minatrix sling, however it can not live in there its entire life as you are hoping. A minatrix will eventually reach 5"+ and that is a larger legspan than the width of this enclosure, needless to say the T would be extremely cramped. I would say it could live in here up until the 3-4" mark, but after that you're gona need to rehouse
The 2 - 2in vents in the back aren't actually covered up. I cut 2" circles out of the background material. They just aren't visible in the pics because the cork bark is in front of them. As far as adult size, I was under the impression that A. minatrix is a dwarf(ish) species and only reaches about 3-3.5in. Another member here mentioned that they rarely get bigger than 2 1/2in - 2 3/4in.