Phantom?

friendttyy

Arachnolord
Today, out of curiosity, i dug my b.vagans' burrow open a bit. She was sitting on a sac... She is 4 or so inches and the sac looks half an inch. I believe it was layed a 7 fays ago.. is there a way to tell if its a phantom or is waiting the only way to find out...

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
If she's WC and hasn't been in your care long (long enough to molt anyway) then that increases the likelihood it's a good sac. You'd do best to leave her to it and see how things turn out.

friendttyy

Arachnolord
Had her nearly a year. Doubt she is WC, in SA there is barely WC specimens IME. Thanks for replying!

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
Had her nearly a year. Doubt she is WC, in SA there is barely WC specimens IME. Thanks for replying!
I would doubt WC too, being a Brachy, but you never know. What about who you bought her from? You can contact them and ask if she'd been bred.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I would doubt WC too, being a Brachy, but you never know. What about who you bought her from? You can contact them and ask if she'd been bred.
Yeah, but highly unlikely they'd pair it up and then sell it, although it does happen.

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
It's all about the molt, if she hasn't molted in your care 90% wild caught imo never seen people selling potentially gravid females for the same price.

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
In that case it is certainly infertile. A spider sheds her spermathecae each molt, losing whatever sperm she had stored.

friendttyy

Arachnolord
I will buy it when I see it. The LPS doesn't have it :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gobey

Arachnoknight
Definitely buy it online. My local bookstore charged me like $25 I think to order it. It's like $12 on Amazon. I bought my first copy at a LPS but it was the 1998 version.

Hydrazine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
On a sidenote, digging up the burrow for curiosity's sake? How would you like if someone tore down your house's wall because they wanted to know how it looks inside?

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You've had her nearly a year.
She's molted twice in your care.
Did you pair her with a male? If she has not been paired, then the sac will not be viable.

friendttyy

Arachnolord
I did pair her twice. Forgot to mention sorry. So there is no way of telling the difference but wait?

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I did pair her twice. Forgot to mention sorry.

That's kind of a big thing to forget to mention. If the sac was laid after she mated, but before a shed, than it may be good. We should have been given the details in your first post.

friendttyy

Arachnolord
Sorry. I posted after I did my homework so I was in a rush cause Exams start in 2 weeks...