What tarantula is this?

Hackmusicboy

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone, I have a slight problem. I got this tarantula in at work the other day, and we don't know what it is! All I have to go off is the abbreviated scientific name - Ch. Sp. Khi Kha. I'm pretty good with most scientific names but I can't figure this one out. Any help would be super appreciated!

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone, I have a slight problem. I got this tarantula in at work the other day, and we don't know what it is! All I have to go off is the abbreviated scientific name - Ch. Sp. Khi Kha. I'm pretty good with most scientific names but I can't figure this one out. Any help would be super appreciated!
never seen that scientific name before. are you sure you got it right? we really need a pic of the tarantula to be able to really help you out!

Enn49

Arachnosquire
Where did you get it from? Surely whoever sent it would be able to tell you.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
First thing that comes to mind is Chilobrachys sp. kaeng krachan. The seller can't enlighten you?

Hackmusicboy

Arachnopeon
Yep the name is right. Our invoice got lost otherwise I would be able to see what the people we got it from called it. And it's iust a sling. So I doubt a picture would help much. I'll get a picture up in a bit when I have better wifi haha.

ArachnoFreak666

Arachnopeon
Yep the name is right. Our invoice got lost otherwise I would be able to see what the people we got it from called it. And it's iust a sling. So I doubt a picture would help much. I'll get a picture up in a bit when I have better wifi haha.
a pic of a sling is a lot more help then no pic at all.

JohnDapiaoen

Arachnobro
Old Timer
Can you at least tell if it's a new world or old world? Arboreal or terrestrial? Odds are it's a Chilobrachys though.

-JohnD.

Fyrwulf

Arachnosquire
Well, usually when you see sp. [insertnamehere] it indicates that the specimen was collected from a place. Except there are no such places. So, yeah, picture is a must.

Last edited:

Hackmusicboy

Arachnopeon
Pretty sure it's a Chilobrachys Sp. Prachuan Khiri Khan. Which doesn't help me a whole lot since I've been searching the web and can't find any information about it. Any of you have experience keeping them before?

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Chilobrachys sp.Prachuap Khiri Khan is another species from Thailand and since it's so far undescribed the location where it was found was chosen. Prachup Khiri Khan is a town in southern Thailand if you search a little. Supposedly a quite large, orange species. I'd keep them the same way as the other Chilobrachys: Damp soil, waterdish, lots of susbtrate to establish a burrow as these are burrowers.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I saw his post on FB and someone already ID'd as what Storm76 just ID'd it as, this was a few days ago.

Lucy Lambaste

Arachnopeon
Pretty sure it's a Chilobrachys Sp. Prachuan Khiri Khan. Which doesn't help me a whole lot since I've been searching the web and can't find any information about it. Any of you have experience keeping them before?
Are you keeping this spider? I'm the girl that came in to your store, and we were discussing it. If not, I might be interested in the "mystery spider" :)

Angelo2295

Arachnopeon
We found this spider in Thailand in the same area where kaeng krachan lives. They looking much different than KK and other Chilobrachys species. We decided to give them another name to not making a mess with other species. Specimens has been also sent to Rick West and Steve Nunn