Her new red dress

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She just molted a week ago , this one has quite the temper for the most part. The first pic is the never take my water dish stance . She always grabs it and try's very hard to keep it , we dance a moment trying to get her to let go haha . I found that patience doesn't work for this because we both just end up standing there holding the dish for a very long time :o_O: image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

gobey

Arachnoknight
Ok T experts! What's that!?
Is that a rosea? Or just a very fiery porteri?

Either way man VERY gorgeous rose hair.
Mine is cranky too. And the worst day was when she decided the water dish was part of her territory. I can only hope she molts to be that pretty. My girl is very grey. You can barely tell she has any pink to her hairs unless you look real close with a light.

LythSalicaria

Arachnosquire
Ok T experts! What's that!?
Is that a rosea? Or just a very fiery porteri?

Either way man VERY gorgeous rose hair.
Mine is cranky too. And the worst day was when she decided the water dish was part of her territory. I can only hope she molts to be that pretty. My girl is very grey. You can barely tell she has any pink to her hairs unless you look real close with a light.
That looks more like an RCF to me, but I have no more experience than you do. Curious to see what others will have to say. Gorgeous specimen, Blue Jaye. :)

Hydrazine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That looks more like an RCF to me, but I have no more experience than you do. Curious to see what others will have to say. Gorgeous specimen, Blue Jaye. :)
What used to be called RCF is now simply rosea, and what was NCF or simply rosea is now porteri

Or something like that

By the way, she looks quite big-bottomed, concerning it's post-molt. Interesting.

gobey

Arachnoknight
G. porteri all the way :wink:
Ok that's what I thought. So it's not a rosea.... Or a RCF.... It's just a REALLY red/pink porteri.

I'm just hoping still I guess one day my drab grey girl will molt into a beautiful pink swan.

cold blood

Staff member
Ok that's what I thought. So it's not a rosea.... Or a RCF.... It's just a REALLY red/pink porteri.

I'm just hoping still I guess one day my drab grey girl will molt into a beautiful pink swan.
Its just so vibrant because it just molted...the RCF are a bit more striking IMO.

Zigana

Arachnosquire
My G. Porteri's are not red right after they molt. They are a light grey that gradually gets darker and dull the closer they get to their next molt. My G. rosea RCF is a bright reddish color after molting. As she gets closer to another molt she is a dull non vibrant red.

cold blood

Staff member
Maybe its the lighting (I have had issues due to lighting in the past...lol), but it doesn't really look that red to me, nothing like the RCF I see. From the pic I see it looks just like my porteri. Lighting always messes with me though.

skippydude

Arachnobaron
This tarantula doesn't look red or pink, to me it looks more an orange color

Is it possible that this T is neither rosea nor porteri, but instead Grammostola concepcion?

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I bought two females at the time as RCF but this one is usually orange pink this is the first time it has been this red even after a molt . The other one is very fiery red always and much more stunning after a molt . Also the one in the pics is built a bit different she's a bit squatter IMO . I have wondered for awhile if she isn't a G. Rosea at all . I will take some pics of my other girls
and see if I can find a pre molt pic of this one.

Last edited:

Fyrwulf

Arachnosquire
It's almost certainly a G. rosea. Are you using artificial lighting? If so, do you know the kelvin rating on your bulbs? If not, it should be marked somewhere on the light.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
All of blue jayes Ts have ghetto booties!

---------- Post added 10-20-2014 at 08:06 PM ----------

What used to be called RCF is now simply rosea, and what was NCF or simply rosea is now porteri

Or something like that

By the way, she looks quite big-bottomed, concerning it's post-molt. Interesting.
Lol you should see them twerk

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's almost certainly a G. rosea. Are you using artificial lighting? If so, do you know the kelvin rating on your bulbs? If not, it should be marked somewhere on the light.
It's a led desk lamp from ikea I don't see the kelvin rating unless it's maybe the 305 3A/12v that's all it says I will take a few in different lighting I'm using my iPad to take the pics