Did The Pampho called Chicken Spider ever get a Latin name?

shawno821

Arachno Pimp
Have they ever gave the "chicken spider" a Latin name,or figured out which one it belongs to? Or is it still called "P.sp.chicken spider"?

snakecollector

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Are you talking about the Pamphobeteus antinuous? One of the common names is Chicken Spider.

shawno821

Arachno Pimp
Are you talking about the Pamphobeteus antinuous? One of the common names is Chicken Spider.
From what I've been able to read on the webs,they weren't sure whether they belonged to that species,or if they were a separate species.All of the info was a couple of years old,I was wondering whatever became of that debate.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
From what I've been able to read on the webs,they weren't sure whether they belonged to that species,or if they were a separate species.All of the info was a couple of years old,I was wondering whatever became of that debate.
Haven't heard anything on that. Pampho taxonomy is fairly confused, so don't expect developments anytime soon. It's going to take a full-scale revision to sort things out. The chicken spider thing is kind of a moot point, as we're not getting any for years.

shawno821

Arachno Pimp
Haven't heard anything on that. Pampho taxonomy is fairly confused, so don't expect developments anytime soon. It's going to take a full-scale revision to sort things out. The chicken spider thing is kind of a moot point, as we're not getting any for years.
I'm buying an adult female this week.

awiec

Arachnoprince
Get us a pic u sure she is right spider??
Female pamphs are hard to identify barring a few species. If the "chicken spider" got a name it would have probably been mention in the large thread that has been going on for years about them.

multibit

Arachnopeon
I've just ordered a pair of juvenile Pamphobeteus Arana Polita , apparently they are chicken spiders

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I've just ordered a pair of juvenile Pamphobeteus Arana Polita , apparently they are chicken spiders
You might be able to get them in Europe. I haven't heard of them being available in the US.

shawno821

Arachno Pimp
I called off the sale.This genus is just too murky right now.I wonder what my Santo Domingo will be called by the time it grows up.