nothing much, just a centipede

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Cool, do you have one, or think you might have a pair? I haven't seen those in a while.

Spepper

Arachnodemon
An odd thought just struck me while looking at your awesome centipede: how long do big 'pedes live? :?

mant01

Arachnopeon
Damn, would never try and handle myself but very pretty none the less

LythSalicaria

Arachnosquire
Wow...Mama want. :drool: What's the species? I know very little about giant centipedes...very curious to learn more though.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
An odd thought just struck me while looking at your awesome centipede: how long do big 'pedes live? :?
ime and from some reading, the big Scolopendra that stay healthy generally live 5 to 10 years. I read a report years ago before the internet was alive by some scientist claiming Scolopendra heros pedes live 6 to 20 years.

I remember those(Malaysian Jewel) used to be in the subspinipes group before it was revised, anybody know the sci name of these now?

Spepper

Arachnodemon
ime and from some reading, the big Scolopendra that stay healthy generally live 5 to 10 years. I read a report years ago before the internet was alive by some scientist claiming Scolopendra heros pedes live 6 to 20 years.
Very interesting, thank you Galapoheros. I knew it had to be quite a while as big and powerful as they get, haha.