scorpions and Blue Death feigning beetle

Scipizoa

Arachnopeon
Hi all, I'm new to the forums obv and new to the hobby, tbh i haven't started yet as i've been gathering info as to what i'd need exactly, andfound most of the info on the stickied thread in this particular forum, however. I seen a youtube video of some guy placing Blue Death feigning beetles in with his desert hairy scorpion as a "clean up crew" sort of thing, and the scorpion actually left these alone. is this guy crazy or do yall actually do that? and if it can be done, can it be done with any scorpion?

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
They have a sort of communal relationship in the wild. Asbolus laevis seek shelter in Smeringurus burrows, and A. verrucosus will share burrows with Hadrurus. The scorpions cannot kill them, and they just get used to each other.

It's strange- the scorpions kinda behave strangely when they grab one of the legs, then they just let go

Scipizoa

Arachnopeon
So they can go with any scorpion? Or just deserts?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

buddah4207

Arachnoknight
I know the video you are talking about and those particular beetles detest moisture, so I don't think they would be a good idea in anything besides a desert setup.