Worried about Tigrosa aspersa mother

Cecropia

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm looking for some help. Last month I caught a gravid Tigrosa aspersa, set her up with a cage and she seemed to be happy, eating well, making herself at home in a toilet paper roll. About two weeks ago, she sealed both ends of the roll and started moving soil around, and 3 days later she had an egg sac. As far as I can tell, she has not left the burrow in all that time. I have put crickets in the cage and kept the water dish full, but it looks like nothing is touched and there is no change in the seal of webbing. After this many days, I am getting very worried about her. I am afraid to disturb the burrow but don't know what else to do. Tear a hole in the seal and throw a cricket inside? Might this stress her enough to abandon the sac? How do I get water to her? I don't mind letting her go if it helps them all survive, but I don't know if I need to help her escape the burrow. The nights are getting close to freezing here and I wonder if letting her go now, in a weakened state, to have to make a new burrow is a bad idea. Thanks for any help!!

aaarg

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You shouldn't worry about her not eating, but you may want to open up one end of the tube to check on her. Spiders generally know what they're doing. :D

Hanska

Arachnobaron
Leave her be for now. She knows what she's doing and will emerge to drink at night if she needs to.