New addition- Motley Boa

Zigana

Arachnosquire
Tarantulas weren't the only pets that came home with us from the reptile expo. My son got a grey colored Motley Boa. He rarely goes to a reptile expo with me because he knows he will want something. We almost made it out of there without him purchasing anything until I mentioned that we should go back in and have one last look around in case we missed anything. That was not the thing to do, should have left then...lol. This girl wasn't cheap but she is gorgeous and unique. We had a well known local breeder that we buy feeders from look at her before buying. Him and several others thought she was VERY nice, to definitely buy her. So...we took her home with us.

I love this girl! I have handled her several times and she seems to be docile and doesn't mind being handled. She takes to my son very well. He has a laid back and easy going personality that seems to go well with handling snakes. While he likes her I see that he is a little concerned about how big she may get so not sure if he will keep her. I hope he does but if not he has the local breeder that told him he would buy her from him if he decided he wanted something else. My son did see a cinnamon colored ball python female at the show that he liked. He doesn't know it yet but I did get the owner info just in case.

Besides size and room is there anything else we should know about the boa that would be helpful in deciding to keep or not? I'll post pics soon. Thanks!

Zigana

Arachnosquire
Pics of the new girl. She is more grey then what pics show. I have added a head shot that shows her color better.

Attachments

Last edited:

Zigana

Arachnosquire
Thanks! I never thought I would like a boa but this girl is amazing. :)

Akai

Arachnobaron
How big do these get? I was wondering since you said your son was concerned how big it was going to get.

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
Thanks! I never thought I would like a boa but this girl is amazing. :)
Boas are among my favorite snakes. In fact, until I starting owning retics, BCCs were my favorite snake aside from green anacondas.

---------- Post added 10-22-2014 at 08:29 AM ----------

How big do these get? I was wondering since you said your son was concerned how big it was going to get.
Pending on locale, average is between 6' - 8'.