Sad, empty tank

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
So my mature male Rosie just passed away and I have a large tank that needs a new tenant.
Looking for something new world and terrestrial - but really beautiful and not too aggressive - can anybody recommend a good species?
I already have a Chaco gold knee, a mex red knee, and some curlies so other than that...
Thx all

--J.Haas

---------- Post added 10-20-2014 at 04:13 PM ----------

I guess OW would be ok if not too aggressive or an escape artist

--J.Haas

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
So my mature male Rosie just passed away and I have a large tank that needs a new tenant.
Looking for something new world and terrestrial - but really beautiful and not too aggressive - can anybody recommend a good species?
I already have a Chaco gold knee, a mex red knee, and some curlies so other than that...
Thx all

--J.Haas

---------- Post added 10-20-2014 at 04:13 PM ----------

I guess OW would be ok if not too aggressive or an escape artist

--J.Haas
Pink zebra beauty? (Eupalastras campestratus) I think they're beautiful and I've heard they're easy to care for. Or maby a G. pulcher?

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
G puncher? Looked that up and couldn't find any... I was thinking ab the zebra beauty!!

--J.Haas

---------- Post added 10-20-2014 at 04:55 PM ----------

Oh g. PuLcher!! Lol! I want that one so badly!! Anyone selling any that are bigger than slings?

--J.Haas

---------- Post added 10-20-2014 at 04:56 PM ----------

Pink zebra beauty? (Eupalastras campestratus) I think they're beautiful and I've heard they're easy to care for. Or maby a G. pulcher?
Funny u read my mine on BOTH of these!

--J.Haas

Enn49

Arachnosquire
You could always fill it with lots of tubs with slings in then you could enjoy watching them all grow and develop their colours and patterns.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wait I'm all mixed up - g pulchra? Or p pulcher?

--J.Haas

---------- Post added 10-20-2014 at 05:00 PM ----------

You could always fill it with lots of tubs with slings in then you could enjoy watching them all grow and develop their colours and patterns.
Sounds like fun! But I already have tons of slings, was hoping for something juvenile.

I saw a mm p pulcher on sale on Craigslist... Not sure if u shoukd trust craigslist tho...

--J.Haas

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
Wait I'm all mixed up - g pulchra? Or p pulcher?

--J.Haas

---------- Post added 10-20-2014 at 05:00 PM ----------

Sounds like fun! But I already have tons of slings, was hoping for something juvenile.

I saw a mm p pulcher on sale on Craigslist... Not sure if u shoukd trust craigslist tho...

--J.Haas
pulcra... pulcra.. Sorry whatever it is my damn iPad keeps editing it

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
Acanthoscurria geniculata, GBB, Ephebopus murinus,Grammostola pulchra, all cool as hell.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm liking the g pulcher, I got a gbb already but they r so cool! Can't seem to find a geniculatas anywhere for sale tho at a decent size. Skeleton legs are awesome too... Guess I bit off more than I could chew lol now I can't decide! Any advice on who to look at online? Heard some good things ab swifts

--J.Haas

---------- Post added 10-20-2014 at 05:23 PM ----------

Get a psalmo before you get an Old World.
I agree!

--J.Haas

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
I'm liking the g pulcher, I got a gbb already but they r so cool! Can't seem to find a geniculatas anywhere for sale tho at a decent size. Skeleton legs are awesome too... Guess I bit off more than I could chew lol now I can't decide! Any advice on who to look at online? Heard some good things ab swifts

--J.Haas

---------- Post added 10-20-2014 at 05:23 PM ----------

I agree!

--J.Haas
Have you looked at the classifieds here?

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Skeleton legs are pet holes, but if you're okay with that then go for it. Personality varies from super skittish to defensive.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have looked at the classifieds I haven't really found a whole lot when it comes to that particular species I'm looking for, any suggestions? I love the skeletons and I don't mind a slightly aggressive behavior I would just prefer something that is not going to try to escape or anything

--J.Haas

---------- Post added 10-20-2014 at 05:26 PM ----------

I guess given a chance anyone would escape though

--J.Haas

DVMT

Arachnosquire
Look into a Brachypelma emelia. Mine is my favorite, so gorgeous! Awesome personality, good eater, hearty, beautiful. What else do ya want?!?!?

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Haha don't u hate auto correct!

--J.Haas
It's gotten to the point where my phone stopped trying to autocorrect the species names of tarantulas and actually corrects them if I spell them wrong. wake up call for me haha!

awiec

Arachnoprince
May I suggest a Thrixopelma? They are a little more difficult to find but they are about the same size as roseas, similar care requirements, are beautiful and are pretty chill. If you want some excitement in your life then a pamph or phormic will fill your tank up very fast, but they are on the more feisty side but I have grammies that make them looks like kittens.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It's gotten to the point where my phone stopped trying to autocorrect the species names of tarantulas and actually corrects them if I spell them wrong. wake up call for me haha!
Now that's a SMART phone!

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
I got my 1.5 " A. geniculata at Swifts. I like it a lot. They are 40 dollars at that size. 1/4 inch ones are 20 dollars, if you don't mind starting small. They are reputed to grow pretty fast. mine just moulted and I could notice a size increase. All of the spiders I received with the genic were nice and healthy. Swifty is a very popular seller, with nary a black mark against him. And A. genic is a popular species. A little feisty, great eaters, and they get big. Their urticaing hairs have a bit of a reputation though. But I can't attest to that yet.