Porrhothele Antipodiana - Tunnel Web Spider

BlueEther

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm also a new member from NZ.

I was Talking to a friend on FB about keeping a Dolomedes and this species was mentioned as a good spider to keep, three of the people in the conversation had kept them.

The care I was told was basically feed once a week and they will live for at least a few years

FACEAnthrax

Arachnopeon
Oh awesome, what area of NZ are you from? There's a guy rescuing these from an area being churned up and turned into dairy land at the moment, could probably put you in contact with him.

Dolomedes are pretty cool I had a massive one years back, was purpleish in colour as to why I was so keen to keep it :)

BlueEther

Arachnopeon
I'm up in the Waikato, home Dairy.

I was thinking Dolomedes as I had an 2x1x1 ft aquarium with only native freahwater shrimp in it, but it has whiptail fry (fish not arachnids) in it now. Native fish are my other hobby.

Ambly

Arachnobaron
Good lookin spider! NZ has some cool trapdoors and funnelwebs.

My brother lived in NZ around a year for the rugby world cup in 2012 and I didn't even know what spiders to tell em to keep an eye open for. Shame. Brought back plenty pictures of birds and herps though.

FACEAnthrax

Arachnopeon
This is her setup atm.

bbadook.jpg

Weak UVB Lamp on top for plant growth and natural light.

She had lots of other webbing and tunnels towards the back and in the rock but I have since cleaned it out.

FACEAnthrax

Arachnopeon
Help!?!!

IMG_1923small.jpg

Decided to disturb Babadook (my Tunnel Web spider) today as she hasn't eaten in a few weeks.
She has a very LARGE sack of eggs. How do I care for her and how do I look after her babies and stop them getting out when they hatch?
How long till they hatch?
She is very protective of them.
My flatmates are not impressed at the idea of babies lol.