Moved slings, are these enclosures good?

VickyChaiTea

Arachnosquire
I'm just a little worried that I didn't put enough substrate in them and the little ones might climb/fall. What do you guys think? Any changes I should make? Any glaring problems I don't see?

These are the new enclosures. I used leftover containers I used for my hatchling crested geckos. Far left is for the smallest G. pulchripes, center is for the larger G. pulchripes, and the right is for the B. albopilosum. (it's filled much more with coir)
tumblr_ndrmxtFoER1rp9d2go1_1280.jpg

These are the old enclosures, used sorbet containers.
tumblr_ndrmxtFoER1rp9d2go2_1280.jpg

Little G. pulchripes
tumblr_ndrmxtFoER1rp9d2go5_1280.jpg

My second, slightly smaller G. pulchripes
tumblr_ndrmxtFoER1rp9d2go6_1280.jpg

And my little B. albopilosum
tumblr_ndrmxtFoER1rp9d2go8_1280.jpg

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Definitely more substrate. They WILL climb and fall. Look at the distance between the top of the cage and the substrate; could a fall from there on the cork or water bowl rupture the abdomen? There's you answer.

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree, at that size they will tend to wander and explore more often than larger specimens so they will eventually start hanging out high up the wall at some points, a fall could kill them or injure them. A good judge of distance is make sure there is only 1X (or maybe even 1.5X) the Ts legspan between the surface of the substrate and the top of the enclosure. Slings of many species like to burrow also so this would also give them the opportunity to do that

VickyChaiTea

Arachnosquire
I agree, at that size they will tend to wander and explore more often than larger specimens so they will eventually start hanging out high up the wall at some points, a fall could kill them or injure them. A good judge of distance is make sure there is only 1X (or maybe even 1.5X) the Ts legspan between the surface of the substrate and the top of the enclosure. Slings of many species like to burrow also so this would also give them the opportunity to do that
Thank you! Yeah the curly hair has a few good inches of substrate. Of course I'm going to add more, but I'll make sure he has enough for some good digging!

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thank you! Yeah the curly hair has a few good inches of substrate. Of course I'm going to add more, but I'll make sure he has enough for some good digging!
Sounds fantastic! I look forward to seeing the end result =)

Medusa

Arachnoknight
I really like to use the sorbet containers for enclosures. And I like the salted caramel flavor, too! [emoji6]

DVMT

Arachnosquire
Small water dish wouldn't hurt and maybe a hide of some sort.

cold blood

Staff member
I really like to use the sorbet containers for enclosures. And I like the salted caramel flavor, too! [emoji6]
I'm a big fan of Talenti containers, I've raised several in them....super duper tasty gelato, too.:wink: If you can find it blood orange flavor is unbelievable.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Yeah Some Ts love burrowing none of my big terrestrials do though.