Emperor Scorpion help needed

Frieza

Arachnopeon
Hello this is my first Arachnoboards post. I've had a male emperor scorpion for awhile, and I have recently obtained a mature female from
Tarantulacanada.ca. My plan was to have them live together and breed, however the female is not friendly towards him at all. At night she
follows him and thrashes at him. I know they are not mating, it is defiantly an act of aggression.

Anyways I would really like to know how to have them get along (if possible). Also she is wild caught and so it is possible for her to be gravid.
She also eats about 3 adult crickets a day, and will never refuse food. She is fattening up rather quickly, but I have only had her for less than a
week.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

scorpionchaos

Arachnosquire
Hmmm if she is being aggressive then try adding more hides (Lots of hides!). How big is tank? sometimes more space means more peace because if they are crammed they are more likely to run into each other/want the place to themselves. 3 crickets a day?It's good to hear that she eats well but overfeeding can have negative affects. I believe most people here only give a few crickets a week to there emps (I could be wrong though). Pictures of your set up would be very helpful and then we can go from there.

Regards
James

xkris

Arachnosquire
uhhh if that is the case then you got much more than you bargained for.

Frieza

Arachnopeon
Thank you for the replies. I will try my best to get pictures just can't right now (phone broke). Also the situation has changed. Before I went to sleep I found what appears to be a sperm sac, but I can't really say, and I didn't see them mate. I also woke up and found them in the same
hide. But tonight they are fighting each other again. Should I assume they mated and separate them?

Also they have only 2 hides but both are large, and provide lots of space underneath.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thank you for the replies. I will try my best to get pictures just can't right now (phone broke). Also the situation has changed. Before I went to sleep I found what appears to be a sperm sac, but I can't really say, and I didn't see them mate. I also woke up and found them in the same
hide. But tonight they are fighting each other again. Should I assume they mated and separate them?

Also they have only 2 hides but both are large, and provide lots of space underneath.
How deep is the substrate? Emperors like to burrow. If the enclosure is big enough, and the male has a grain of sense and doesn't aggravate the female, they may be fine in the same enclosure. To be on the safe side, you could separate them and wait 6 to 12 months and see if the female has babies. If she's already gravid, it will be sooner.