Sicarius sp. Chile Eggsac Laying and Hatching

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Got a few pictures of my old Sicarius female laying her eggsac and then several pictures of the sandlings emerging from one of the many sacs I've gotten so far.

Sorry for the poor quality of this one, it was night time and I could only have the light on her for a couple seconds before she climbed back down to the sand.

The beginning...

Out one comes!

Fresh emergence

And now they're everywhere

Hope you all enjoyed!

Spepper

Arachnodemon
Their egg sacs always make me think of sand dollars. LOL Awesome pictures too, by the way. I especially love the two of the spiderlings emerging.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Their egg sacs always make me think of sand dollars. LOL Awesome pictures too, by the way. I especially love the two of the spiderlings emerging.
Thanks, glad you liked them! They really do look like little sand dollars. I thought it was odd that they just made that little hole and came out one by one. Sure made watching entertaining though lol.

JanPhilip

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Very cool pictures and congrats on the success! Do you do anything in particular for keeping this species?

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Very cool pictures and congrats on the success! Do you do anything in particular for keeping this species?
Thank you! Nothing fancy, I just keep them dry and feed every week or so. They will take down prey items as big as they are, so that makes feeding very entertaining! I've been keeping them together and haven't seen any cannibalism yet, so they don't seem to be as likely to do that as other true spiders.