GTP rescue! Need help!

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello everyone! I just started working at an exotics LPS and felt the need to take in this GTP we had at the back of the store. Here's the story:

A customer purchased a strong and healthy Sorong GTP from us. A month went by and they brought him back in deplorable condition. We had him isolated in the back of the store and my manager assumed worms due to him not gaining any excess weight after numerous successful feedings. I asked him if I could buy him off the store and he told me that I could just simply take him, free of charge. He seems to have gained a slight amount of weight since the first time I saw him so my hopes aren't lost just yet. I'm keeping him well hydrated, humid, and will be feeding him large mice (they're just big enough to leave a very small lump in his body) every 5 days. He is also perching, alert, and striking. Waiting to see if there are any worms in his stool and searching for exotic, reputable vets in the area. Are there any over-the-counter dewormers that I can purchase if I find the worms myself? I've got a very high powered microscope that I'll be using along side my naked eye. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Here's the little fella :(

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
He is very handsome.

It might just be bad husbandry and stress so don't give any medicine before getting the stool sample tested. Any proper vet clinic should be able to get that done easily.

If clean, just keep him stress free and hydrated as you are doing.

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
He is very handsome.

It might just be bad husbandry and stress so don't give any medicine before getting the stool sample tested. Any proper vet clinic should be able to get that done easily.

If clean, just keep him stress free and hydrated as you are doing.
Thank you! I'm hoping that all goes well so he can fix up his scales with a few sheds. There's so much color hiding underneath all of that ware and tear.

Alright awesome, I will stay consistent with his care and hope for the best. Thank you for your help!

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I too would just try correcting his husbandry issues. Ive kept about 12-15 gtp mostly wild caught and never had to worm any of them. Flushing a snakes gut cuases a great unbalance and in my experience is more detromental.

David VB

Arachnosquire
He doesn't look very tiny to me so do not overfeed him, because they are very sensitive for getting prolaps. Apart from that, keep him moist and at the correct temperature and hope he's fine. He has some nice coloration ;)