WOW!! It's amazing what people try to get away with on the internet.

GG80

Arachnoknight
I just came across this web page, a list of the top 10 largest spiders in the world. It includes true spiders and tarantulas so I think it should be ok to post here.

Highlights are the pics of Hysterocrates hercules and the ''The Birdeater Goliath''.

http://www.top1us.com/largest-spider.html

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
"purple bloom bird eating spider" *shows picture of a wolf spider in her burrow* lmfao I'm done, do people even try anymore?

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
Phew, that is some wrong on awe-inspiring levels. And yet...now we've done what it was intended to do, bring in clicks triggered by a very common fear: spiders, especially big ones (even if, you know, many of what it identifies as the largest aren't by a long shot).

cold blood

Staff member
And we wonder why those not in the hobby approach us with such off the mark "facts".

I love that that they claim a Grammy has the largest leg span in the world...and yet they have it listed as 4th, which if it were true, should have made no sense to the author. The other great laugh is the pic of T. blondi...clearly a B smithi.

I, too loved the pic of the X. imannis....unbelievable!

Whomever made that list needs to be fired!

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
I think it's time I made my own list, I need to beat this list in stupidity, it should be hard.

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
I think it's time I made my own list, I need to beat this list in stupidity, it should be hard.
Top Ten Most Full of It "Journalists"? Although...that would be too easy to make accurately and so would miss the point of reaching for stupidity.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Let's start our own thread about who we think/know are the biggest and show those guys up!