5 new babies coming!

Saark

Arachnosquire
And then I really have to call it quits! :eek: This will bring my collection to 32 and I told myself not to go over 30.
Here's what's coming, in no particular order:
G. pulchra
B. vagans
P. cambridgei (went back and forth on this and the P. irminia)
C. ritae (I'm liking the dwarfs. They are cute little Ts and they take up so little space :biggrin: )
P. scrofa

Yay! New tarantulas!

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
Nice additions, Saark. You'll love the pulchra, she's tied for favourite with my Emilia. Mine went from an inch to a solid 3.5 inches in just over a year, and their velvety black appearance when they get bigger is simply stunning.

I, too, have a vagans. She spent the first 6 months underground, but when I put her in a larger container after her last molt, she has grown quite well, and is starting to get the red rump hairs. :)

If you don't have an irminia, you should at least consider one. As a warning, they are LIGHTNING fast, but they grow like weeds (mine went from 1 inch to almost 3.5 in a year), and have very striking colours...when you see them. My Toni hides behind her dirt/web curtain most of the time, but after dark I'll see her skulking around. :)

Saark

Arachnosquire
I was considering the irminia, it was going to be my freebie of choice but the extreme speed and reported defensiveness kinda put me on edge a little. I agree that they are beautiful T and I may have one in the future. Let's see how things go with the P. cambridgei and my two pokies :)

I have a MM vagans now and ordered the sling in the hopes of getting a female. I'd like to sell my boy for breeding but he's got those funky little (smaller since his last molt) cysts on his abdomen that make me question is genetic viability. He is a pretty boy though!

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You should love that p.scrofa, I have a juvi female and shes by far the most docile t in my collection. Great feeder too, but if your getting a sling be prepared for a sloooow grower, they have some stunning contrasts on them though

Saark

Arachnosquire
Everybody made it safe and sound. The C. ritae is quite the little busy body! It came right out of the vial and right up my hand before I could even begin removing the packing material. The P. cambridgei isn't out of the vial yet but it's in its enclosure. I ran out of time and am supposed to be studying for a midterm :)